Requisition ID: 109118
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
• Build technology solutions, process automation and reports that will assist IO governance and executive team with decision-making.
• A contract position to backfill maternity leave for 9 months.
• Analyze business requirements, translate it into technical plan, proof of concept, mock-ups and provide accurate work effort estimates as per Scotiabank’s organizational design patterns.
• Learn and adapt quickly with new technology, develop creative and manageable solution to complex problems.
• Design and develop user-friendly web-based applications using OOP, reusable code and libraries with performance and scalability.
• Testing of website using proper use cases to guarantee correct functionality, consistency to minimize technical and organizational risks.
• Deploy, maintain, and support web applications as per bank’s security standard and business SLA.
• Comply with organizational policies, procedures in accordance with the Bank’s Enterprise Delivery Framework (EDF), Architectural Review Board and IT Security requirements.
• Develop detailed technical documentation and diagrams such as application design, operational procedures, user guides, flow chart, process, and data diagrams.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• 3+ Year’s experience with Python, Django, API, JSON, and MS T-SQL.
• 3+ Year’s experience with MS SQL Server, SSMS and building stored procedures, functions, and views with better performance.
• Minimum of 7+ years of experience as a software developer or similar IT roles.
• Familiarity with code versioning tools such as TFS/Azure DevOps, GIT and BitBucket.
• Experience with design and development of large-scale complex web applications with different time zones and language localities.
• Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and automating tests using Selenium, PyTest, JEST, Jasmine, and other testing tools.
• Experience working in both traditional and agile project management along with good understanding of PMI frameworks and its processes.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.