About CNO The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), located in downtown Toronto, is the governing body for over 185,000 registered nurses (RNs), registered practical nurses (RPNs) and nurse practitioners (NPs) in Ontario, Canada. The nursing profession
Alborz Creative Construction Limited. We are a multi-disciplined construction company that is headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada. Alborz Creative Construction was established in 2017 on a foundation of strong work ethic and a commitment
Pursue a rewarding career in a stress-free environment working alongside Registered Massage Therapists, Acupuncturists and Reflexologists. Massage Addict offers a membership program, which allows members to enhance health through regular monthly
We are hiring a Service Coordinator/Scheduler for our Mississauga Branch! The successful candidate will assist the Fire Protection Manager in all administrative tasks associated with the day-to-day operation of the branch. Nature & Scope
Job Posting #871535
Position: Administrative Assistant II
Site: Krembil Research Institute/Toronto Western Hospital
Reports to: Principal Investigator/Manager
Salary Range: $44,491 to $55,614 per annum commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy
Hours: 37.5 per week
Status: Temporary Full-Time (1 year contract)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Administrative Assistant II in our Orthopaedics Department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,600 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN's seven research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As a member of the Toronto Western Rheumatology Program, the Administrative Assistant II is responsible for providing administrative support for a large ambulatory clinic including reception duties and the overall processing of patient clinic visits from scheduling, registration through to follow-up appointments, including onsite and virtual visits. The Administrative Assistant performs prompt scheduling of new referrals, scheduling of follow-up appointments; computer activation of visits, entering orders for laboratory tests, making appointments for tests and referrals to other specialists; The administrative assistant communicates effectively in person, by telephone and/or e-mail with internal and external parties answering patient queries and handling busy telephone activities, relaying messages to multiple clinic physicians, and other health professionals including clinic nurses and research staff. Maintaining records for purposes of OHIP billing and responding to record requests from patients and other external physicians. Performing cross-functional responsibilities, as assigned; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
• At minimum, a Community College Diploma in Medical Office Administration or equivalent
• At minimum 2 years related administrative experience in an academic research setting
• Experience with Canadian Common CV, Reference Manager and other research tools, an asset
• Experience in organizing meetings using Doodle Poll; experience in setting up teleconferences and Zoom meetings/webinars; experience in writing minutes required
• Familiarity with Creative Cloud apps, video editing software, WordPress and Mailchimp, an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment required
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Good organizational and time management skills; attention to detail
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Institute standards
• Ability to work well under pressure; problem solving
• Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
• Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment in an academic setting
• Ability to set priorities and workflows, meet deadlines and facilitate others to do so
• Demonstrated ability in sound independent judgement on sensitive matters and issues of confidentiality
• Ability to work on own initiative and independently
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: May 13, 2021 Closing Date: June 10, 2021
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.