Requisition ID: 97632
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Associate Group Lead, Commercial Banking
In this role you will contribute to the overall success of the Commercial Bank in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives while ensuring all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
This position will report to the Director & Group Lead, Client Relationships (Mid-Market), Commercial Distribution. This role will include people management, working closely with internal partners at all levels while servicing borrowing and non-borrowing clients whose operation are located across the country and may include international locations.
Education / Experience / Other Information:
• University Degree with Business Background - MBA or professional designation preferred
• 10 plus years of experience in the Commercial banking industry
• Good knowledge of Commercial Banking Distribution structure as well as role of other groups
within Commercial Banking
• Experienced Lender with strong overall Credit skills and Sales skills
• Strong knowledge of credit structures and applicable risk management
• Superior coaching and proven people management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Good negotiation and problem resolution skills
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Strong regulatory and compliance knowledge
• Strong organizational skills
• Good knowledge of competitor offerings, alternative sources of financing and industry
• Commitment to participate in ongoing learning opportunities/programs
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Kitchener
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.