Burnaby, BC, CA, V5B 3B3
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Bakers Helper Union Canada
24/7 Bakery - shift work, must be available for all shifts and have reliable transportation. NOT transit accessible.
Perform duties on a production assembly line for baked goods. This physically demanding job requires cutting of doughs, lifting doughs and supplies, and preparing the doughs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with dough using dough breakers and/or sheeters.
- Cut doughs into uniform portions.
- Transport trays of dough heads onto racks (approximately 45 lbs).
- Carry and distribute supplies such as flour and shortening.
- Lift bags of flour (44 - 88 lbs).
- Move racks with dough heads and baking pans.
- Move skids with a pallet jack (non-electrical).
- Set up filling bowls.
- Follow product processing instructions.
- Work in accordance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and WCB regulations.
- Follow and take instruction from team leaders.
- Ensure proper, safe and efficient performance of duties and operation of equipment.
- Cross-train in a variety of functions with other processing lines and help train new employees.
- Maintain cleanliness of Bakery and your work area.
- Other duties as required.
- Able to speak, read and write basic English required.
- Possess basic math skills.
- Must be able to understand the scheduling process which is based on a number of criteria.
- Able to problem solve.
- Maintain high quality production standards.
- Awareness of product specifications an asset (i.e. weight, temperature, color, code date system etc.)
- Able to work in a variety of work environment temperatures: heat from ovens and cold from freezers.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment.
- Must be able to do repetitive labour intensive and physically demanding work: lifting, bending.
- Must be willing and able to do job rotation.
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts.
- Adhere to the Collective Agreement.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.