Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Salary Range: $64465.23 to $80581.54
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
This position reports to the Finance team in our Office of the Chief Financial Officer sector. This sector uses financial foresight and legal insight to improve housing affordability.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will support the synthesis and delivery of strategic financial guidance to various corporate clients. You will act as a business partner, helping clients establish robust financial processes that provide business insights on which financial decisions can be made. You will proactively develop an in-depth understanding of the business operations through discussion and analysis, distilling financial needs and gaining trust as a business partner. You will conduct finance process modelling activities and develop, implement, interpret and report on performance measures. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as accounting, finance, or economics .
• Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA) is an asset.
• Minimum of three years experience in one or all of the following: financial reporting, audit and financial analysis.
• Knowledge of relevant financial, legislative and regulatory environments.
• Understanding of financial statements and general accounting principles.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work in a multi-demand environment.
• Excellent ability to gather and analyze information, synthesize key elements and summarize recommendations.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently and in a team environment.
What you will be doing
• Conducts in-depth and proactive analysis of expense and revenue consumption activities, forecast accuracy, variances between actuals (current and prior year), and variance from planned amounts. Contributes to monitoring budgets against corporate appropriations, corporate authorities, commitments, expenses and operating budgets.
• Applies an understanding of the operations to frame and deliver commentary on the results of financial analyses, using common business terms and visualizations to help clients understand the implications of key business decisions.
• Distills and formulates thoughtful and supported financial recommendations based on the results of proactive financial analysis, identified areas of risk exposure, and available opportunities for improvement; ensures the recommendations align with enterprise-wide objectives and initiatives.
• Conducts analysis and provides advice in the allocation and reallocation of budgets. Supports the execution of financial adjustments to ensure that financial resources are appropriately allocated.
• Assesses budget consumption and ensures that commitments and charges are correctly coded and that accounting principles are adhered to for all transactions.
• Performs documents and guides ad hoc financial analysis for areas that have been prioritized by management.
• Supports the Manager and Director in complying with the external audit, including the timely provision of reports, explanations, data and related information, as required, to external auditors.
• Supports internal client groups, ranging from middle management to senior VPs, providing guidance, advice and recommendations with regard to special initiatives and unique business cases and is accountable for guidelines, policies and risk management. Plays a highly autonomous role with discretion on when matters need to be escalated to managers or directors (usually in high risk, policy non-compliance issues)
• Assumes responsibility for explaining and justifying corporate planning and forecasting figures directly to the client.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 4399
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Halifax, Montréal, Québec, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional