1. Function as the Process Readiness workstream owner for Temperature Controlled Distribution Center. Lead the commissioning/ramp up of all site automation, ensuring that the expected performance KPIs and contractual obligations are met consistently for a newly installed PDC. Act as a liaison between the site automation vendors and Walmart, and provide support to the site GM. Work with Walmart Information Technology GLS Architects to become WMS and automation software super-user, prior to launch.
2. Monitor systems to ensure they are operating at peak/optimal performance and throughput capacity; identify issues as required. Perform/assist with system testing and integration activities and support DC Ops teams through providing engineering and project management expertise, developing functional specification documentation (SOPs), overseeing profile and layout and providing training as required.
3. Focus on process variation & optimization; drive initiatives to reduce operating expenses, increase network capacity within the supply chain and enhance service by defining transformational change from concept to implementation; partner with key stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity; establishing value and priority; contribute to development of annual operating and capital budgets; develop return on investment (ROI) analysis and presentations to senior management for approval.
4. Develop best practices and strategic solutions by leading internal and external project teams; driving collaboration with cross-functional teams and working closely with DC operations to provide business solutions; partnering with key vendors to develop business solutions; establishing project objectives; drive strategic and long-range plans to leverage utilization of existing material handling assets; and communicate with and influencing key decision-makers and executives within the organization.
5. Identify & lead / support DC Ops teams with projects that assist in improving DC Labour Plan for the site, leveraging learnings from other sites, nationally, to minimize labour and optimize productivity.
6. Support the rollout and maintenance of Performance Visibility and Engineered Labour Standards. Develop and maintain reporting tools to assist operations in identifying and addressing problem areas.
7. Assist in driving a culture of continuous improvement (e.g. Lean Thinking, conduct waste walks, identify opportunities for improvement, partner up with management to bring operational change).
8. Compliance with Company policies and procedures and support mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 18 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…19500 26TH AVE, SURREY, BC V3S 3X1, Canada