The Cashier is responsible for serving customers at the assigned concessions stand in a quick, courteous, and efficient manner. The role will require accurate point of sale (POS) system use, cash handling and counting, filling orders, and compliance with all sanitation, safety, and alcohol service standards.
Functions (Purpose and Responsibilities)
• Prepare concessions stand for opening by prepping necessary food items as well as setting up displays and equipment;
• Clean all equipment and counters prior to service;
• Organize and stock the condiment counters with appropriate product;
• Greet and serve customers;
• Take orders and process through the system;
• Receive payments and make change as required;
• Perform cleaning duties throughout the service as well as at the end of the shift;
• Abide by company standards regarding cash handling, sanitation, safety, and the serving of alcoholic beverages;
• Follow directions from the lead to ensure stand is running efficiently and that proper procedures are being followed;
• Actively participate in safety programs and follow polices;
• All other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
• Prior experience handling cash is considered an asset;
• Strong mathematical skills specifically in counting cash and making change;
• Willingness to learn and follow direction;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once;
• Positive, self-starter with strong communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal and team work skills;
• Schedule flexibility to work evening and weekend shifts.
• Must possess ProServe Certification;
• High school diploma is considered an asset.
Key Relationships (External only)
Financial (Budget, Budgetary Responsibilities)
• Constant low level, waist level and above shoulder lifting;
• Constant front and side carrying;
• Occasional pushing and pulling;
• Constant repetitive movements;
• Rare sitting;
• Medium lifting between 25-50lbs
• Constant standing, walking and stair climbing;
• Frequent crouching, kneeling and reaching.
FREQUENCY OF WORKDAY
0% of shift Rare
1–5% of shift Occasional
6–33% of shift Frequent
34–66% of shift Constant
67–100% of shift
Working Conditions & Hazards
• Exposed to non-weather related cold temperatures;
• In areas with low levels of CO exposure;
• Wet and slippery floors;
• Pinch points and tight working spaces throughout building;
• Exposed to high noise levels.