This position is accountable for inspection, repair, installation, verification, modification, and troubleshooting life safety systems for customers on behalf of the Company. Employees who are electricians may perform work that would normally be sub-contracted to an electrician provided they are not expected to do work for which they cannot obtain a permit.
The Troy Certified Service Technician (TCST) must be able to provide training to Preventive Maintenance Technicians (PMT and PMTII) as required.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
• Perform system verifications on all size projects.
• Perform inspections and troubleshooting on all life safety systems.
• Perform and assist in the preparation of system modifications.
• Keep current through Company training with all applicable legislated codes and standards.
• High School Diploma
• Two (2) year community college graduate in electronics, and/or journey level electrician, and/or four (4) years equivalent work experience
• Good communication skills
• Good computer skills
• Factory trained in Programming in Simplex 4100 and/or EST3 is required
**Applicants who do not meet the above listed qualification requirements may be considered based on their level of experience and knowledge for a related technician position**