RSA is one of the world’s leading multinational insurance groups with over 300 years of experience and over 20 million customers worldwide.Our people are committed to building a dynamic internal culture where our people love what they do and feel motivated to keep things moving – for customers, for their colleagues and as part of their own growth and development. In RSA, employing positive people is how we achieve success. You will be working in an environment that encourages you to do great work and you constantly will be faced with fresh challenges that have a direct impact on our business. We believe your personality and passion will keep RSA and our business moving forward. At RSA we have a culture that supports and rewards high performance with a competitive reward policy for top performers. Our rewards package includes competitive compensation, work / life balance, opportunities to learn and the chance to make a difference working for a worldwide industry leader.At RSA Canada, our purpose is to Make Life Better Together and we do that every day through our commitments to our people, our customers and our partners. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, fair, and accessible environment where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential and where everyone feels comfortable being their true selves. We hire on the basis of merit and we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, as well as equal access to training and promotion opportunities.
This role requires you to act as the first point of contact for our insureds who are making property damage claims. You can handle fast paced action in a team call queue environment answering new claims calls and can react to changes in priorities and focus as required by call volumes and customer demands. You will be providing brilliant service to customers; gathering relevant information on a claim to help assess coverage for any particular loss situation You are able to balance quality of service and customer experience on each call while contributing to the team call response goals through effective conversation management. You will be desk based, comfortable with using computers and the internet, have strong telephone communication skills and be able to provide high levels of customer empathy. While the majority of your work is independent, you are part of a national team located regionally and are expected to collaborate and work effectively with others. There is a requirement for flexibility in working hours to meet business needs.
Location for this position will be in in our Calgary office, although currently due to circumstances candidates need the ability to work from home.
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
• You will enhance the customer experience as our priority is customer service you will be the first point of contact to our clients
• By utilizing your organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills, you will work to exceed productivity targets on deliverable Key Performance Indicators
As an experienced adjuster you will manage the entire claims handling process and apply your technical knowledge while working within our policy wordings
• You will use your excellent communication skills to assist in educating and explaining the claims process and clearly establish mutual expectations with client
• As an experienced negotiator, you will settle claims in a fair and consistent manner
• You have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize your workloads
• You have the ability to anticipate the needs and offer a high level of service, beyond the customer expectations
• You are an active team member, you bring your enthusiasm to work every day and collaborate well with others
• Minimum of 2 years customer service experience or experience in a call center environment is preferred
• 1 year claims adjusting experience is an asset
• Knowledge of insurance or construction terminology is also asset
• Ability to work from home effectively
• Basic understanding of insurance or claims processes
• Experience working in a fast paced environment servicing customers
• You possess superior time management and organizational skills
• CIP in progress or willingness to pursue
• Fluent in French is an asset
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with RSA or its affiliated companies (the “Company”) such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.We invite you to learn more about us at our Career Site, www.rsagroup.ca, where you can apply on line. RSA group of Companies is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities, members of the LGBT community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.RSA group of Companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email AODA@RSAGROUP.CA or call us at toll free 1 (800)-855-0511. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.