Position Title: Commercial Data Analyst
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Toronto HQ
Requisition ID: 9832
We know the importance that food plays in people's lives – the power it has to bring people, families and communities together. Our purpose is to bring enjoyment to people’s lives through great tasting food, in a way which reflects our values.
McCain is embarking on a digital transformation to become more data & analytics driven across our business. As part of this transformation, we are making significant investments into our data structures and policies to increase not only the quality of our data but make decisions and drive value through the use of data.
We have a new and ambitious global Data & Analytics group, which serves as a resource to the business teams in our regions and global functions. We are currently recruiting a talented individual to join our team in the role of Global Data Analyst, with a specific focus on Global Commercial.
Reporting to the Director, Commercial Data & Analytics, the position will contribute to our ambition of becoming a data led organization. We are looking for a candidate with the talent to turn data into actionable insights and inspire confidence in developing a data driven culture in support of business success and growth.
Using existing commercial software applications like Power BI & MicroStrategy, you will shape valuable datasets and assist in the development and testing of business hypotheses as well as create compelling stories using data.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Analytical: methodical and logical approach to analyze, model and interpret data with strong mathematical skills
• Commercially driven: passionate about driving business performance and seeing measurable impact from their work
• A collaborator: natural relationship builder who can work effectively across different disciplines, time zones and cultures and thrives within a matrix organization
• Organized: able to manage multiple simultaneous projects and consistently hit deliverables on time and to agreed quality standards
• A communicator: cutting through the noise to deliver the right message to the right person at the right time
• International: open to learning and truly understanding the differences across markets.
The day-to-day activities will be varied however, common responsibilities include:
• Identify barriers and gaps in data that are both system and skill based, and help develop new processes and procedures to address these challenges
• Drive better insights, develop enhanced reports and analytical outputs to allow the business to be more predictive vs. reactive in its day-to-day management of the business
• Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations as well as track key performance indicators to be delivered on a daily, weekly and monthly cycle, constantly adapting to the needs of the business
• Analyze both internal and external information to provide a combined summary of information to help determine opportunities
• Work with senior members of the team to develop new reporting to give greater insight and understanding of the drivers of the business
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to gain alignment to deploy data solutions
• Set up and maintain automated data processes
• Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
KEY QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCES:
The criteria mentioned below are representative of the essential skill, knowledge and ability. Reasonable adaptations can be made to enable the candidates with disabilities to perform the important tasks.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in data analysis & reporting
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a business or technical field or relevant training or work experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Preferably background in the food or CPG industry with experience building functional dashboards and tools to drive insights and performance
• IRI / Nielsen and distributor sell-out data experience an asset
• Demonstrated competency with analytics tools and databases. Experience with any of the following analytics platforms is preferred: Power BI, MicroStrategy
• A strong numerical & Excel skillset is a must (ability to work with sales data in Excel/CSV formats and create and edit complex charts)
• An ambitious nature and a curiosity to learn and implement new data analytical skills
• A basic understanding of statistical concepts such as averages and trends
• The ability to use a range of analytical methods
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Key internal relationships: Global Growth team, Global data analytics, Regional business teams’ teams, Digital and technology teams
• Key external relationships: External vendors
• Travel: as required
• Job is primarily performed between a home setting and a standard office environment
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Information Technology; Marketing
Division: Global Commercial
Department: Global Commercial
Location(s): CA - Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)