21-023 Benefits Eligible Casual Employee (BECE) We are currently accepting expressions of interest for casual BECES to work out of multiple stations. A BECE is a Benefit Eligible Casual Employee with guaranteed 0.5 FTE hrs of
Security Clearance Final external candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security clearance. Internal candidates may also be required to undergo a security clearance as per the WCB Security Clearance guideline.
Community Care Supervisor (LPN)
We Care Home Health - Edmonton (1 Year Contract)
Are you an LPN who leads by example in meeting or exceeding clients’ expectations? Do you want to use your supervisory background to promote excellence in clinical service delivery? If so, you’re the type of professional who will excel as part of the CBI Health Group team.
As a Community Supervisor within our CBI Home Health team, you will lead a group of direct care providers to ensure that clinical service delivery meets or exceeds standards set by CBI Home Health/We Care and external stakeholders. Showing the way as a Regulated Health Professional (LPN), you will develop and customize care plans to meet the patient’s individual needs, as well as supervise direct care providers (field staff), unregulated staff (delegating tasks) or regulated staff (LPN) in the provision of services that align with their scope of practice, with a focus on ensuring service and clinical excellence.
As a Community Supervisor, you will:
• Respond to patient referrals within timelines (internal and external)
• Complete a comprehensive care assessment in a timely manner, utilizing tools, forms and process as aligned with established policy and procedure guidelines
• Document all required information, including any information pertinent to the client status and care planning
• Ensure Patient and Care Provider safety by accurately assessing risk using tools provided
• Ensure that care plans meet individual patient’s needs, and that the Care Provider has the knowledge, skills and expertise to fulfill the plan
• Reassess patients at interim visits to ensure the service plan continues to be appropriate
• Be responsible for investigation, resolution and reporting of all customer related complaints
• Promote service delivery excellence through effective on-boarding, mentoring, coaching and performance managing of field staff, including performance reviews
• Ensure all team members are aligned to the Key Accountabilities of their role and are meeting performance expectations
• Participate actively in meeting or exceeding utilization, retention and engagement expectations of field staff/care providers
• Respond to identified staff training needs with action plans to resolve gaps, minimize risk and ensure service delivery excellence
• Ensure all internal and external reporting meets or exceeds all standards and expectations of CBI Home Health/We Care, external stakeholders and the associated Regulatory Body
• Ensure accurate and timely completion of appropriate documentation, including client charting
• Actively identify potential risks with internal stakeholders to mitigate and/or manage risk, with particular attention to missed visits and clinical care
• Ensure a timely and comprehensive response to Incident Reporting (IR)
• Ensure policies and procedures are enforced and reflect best practices.
To take on the role of Community Supervisor, you must:
• Possess a current registration with College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA)
• Have 1 year of supervisory experience and/or experience in the home health service delivery
• Be able to effectively establish and build rapport with clients and Care Staff
• Possess a valid Alberta driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
• Have the ability to provide best possible solutions to problems that align with policies and uphold best practices
• Be self-motivated with an ability to work both independently and as an effective member of a team
About CBI Health Group:
As Canada's largest integrated community-based healthcare services network, CBI is focused on improving health and enriching lives. CBI delivers interdisciplinary physical and behavioural health services across home, clinic and facility settings. Our network of dedicated staff and thought leaders are committed to innovating healthcare to deliver proven outcomes. CBI is uniquely positioned to support the evolving health needs of Canadians through its 13,000 clinical and administrative staff in 250 facilities and over 100 transitional/residential homes across 800 communities. www.cbi.ca
CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.