When it comes to workplaces, there’s nothing ordinary about working at PAL. Built on a foundation of innovation, our company is continually growing and diversifying with opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador, and around the world. That very innovation has established PAL’s footprint not only on a national level, but internationally with new and exciting ventures and partnerships across the globe. To continue our vision for growth, we’re adding a Contracts Manager to our team in St. John’s, NL.
One of the neatest things about working on our Commercial team, is the opportunity to work on unique portfolios, where no two programs look the same. Each of the contracts and programs the PAL team works through are individualistic and lend themselves to the application of ingenuity and innovation, while at the same time, requiring consideration of standard protocols.
We’re looking for a Contracts Manager who thrives in an environment of change – someone who enjoys pushing boundaries and stepping outside of the confines of a by-the-book procedure. A master communicator and negotiation pro, our ideal candidate is inspired by challenge and innovation.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborating with the VP of Commercial in the management and development of PAL contracts, spanning multiple divisions
• Management of customer, vendor and business partner contracts
• Program management of signed agreements for internal and external contract compliance
• Reviewing new business opportunity (domestic and international) requests for proposals and managing response requirements with team members
• Drafting and/or reviewing contract terms and conditions, ensuring consistency with underlying statements of work and technical specifications.
• Participating in and/or leading contract negotiations and pursuit development.
• Serving as the point of contact on contractual matters, liaising between employees, customers, vendors and business partners.
• Maintaining receipt and control of all contracts, contract correspondence, amendments, status reports and other documentation necessary for contract completion.
• Liaise with legal council on matters requiring legal interpretation and overall contract review.
• Occasional domestic and international travel, as required
A natural when it comes to detail, the ideal candidate brings the following qualifications and experience:
• Progressive experience in contracts management and negotiation, including negotiating unique contract terms
• Completion of a post-secondary degree, coupled with 5+ years’ experience in a contracts management role;
• A very broad knowledge of contracts development, implementation and management through the contract life cycle;
• A comprehensive working knowledge of contract law and regulations, with experience leading proposals from conception to execution
• A master communicator with the ability to provide oral and written communication to stakeholders at all levels within the organization
• A believer of a consultative approach – understanding that the key to a successful and comprehensive program is working with diverse teams from multi-disciplinary backgrounds
• Strongly motivated by competitive targets and objectives, displaying effective time management skills to succeed
• A professional accounting or finance designation, or MBA would be considered a strong asset
• Familiarity with the development of financial models would also be considered a strong asset for success in this role
PAL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.