Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Electrical Engineer– Detail Engineer (0 to 4 years exp.)
Type of position:Regular
Job Description :
Your role as an Electrical EIT will be to take part in proposals and engineering projects. You will also be responsible for ensuring the quality of professional services and maintaining good working relationships.
The incumbent will carry out some of the following activities:
• Participate in small to major design projects for utility (substation and generation) and heavy industry clients (e.g., mining, renewable energy)
• Participate in short-circuit, load flow, grounding and arc-flash studies
• Perform calculations, both manually and with specialized software
• Apply calculation results and design methods
• Prepare sketches and drawings
• Apply settings to protection relays, meters and other electrical devices
• Prepare reports, specifications and tenders
• Perform troubleshooting, testing, assessment, adjustment, site supervision and commissioning at client sites
• Check work for accuracy and conformity
• Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
Work Schedule : 40
• Proactive, ability to take initiative
• Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
• Adaptable to various environments and situations
• Comfortable working independently and within a team
• Good academic grades, high capacity to learn on projects
• Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written)
• Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
• A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or with an Electrical Power and Industrial Control option
• From 0 to 4 years of experience
• Availability for both short- and long-term assignments at client offices or sites
• Familiarity with industry codes and standards (OESC, CSA, NEC, IEEE, IEC, etc.)
• Good technical writing skills
• Asset: Bilingual in English and French