theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company's home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
The Back Office team is a group of kind and talented individuals that are passionate about their ownership of the Back Office service. The Back Office service is the main and business-critical admin for theScore Bet which ties together various backend services across theScore Bet’s vertically-integrated stack to provide numerous users the means to perform their day-to-day tasks. The Back Office team develops the service against thorough product specs and clean UI designs, using relevant and bleeding edge technologies. As the team’s Engineering Manager, you will take a lead role in the team's future successes.
About the Work
- Mentor, support, and otherwise lead the team’s engineers.
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Product Manager on the team to build the roadmap, flesh out requirements, and ensure the team executes.
- Develop, document, and refine the team’s processes (from SLDC to team building).
- Set the gold standard for service ownership by encouraging continuous improvements to development QoL and efficiency, while also defining and monitoring the Back Office service’s KPIs.
- Interface with the various feature teams that will be contributing to the Back Office service to ensure contributions are effortless (e.g. provide clarity, remove roadblocks).
- Other duties as required.
- Known as being a kind person, who would prioritize the team’s outcomes over your own ego.
- Able to quickly ramp up on technologies new to you (e.g. Phoenix LiveView, kafka, gRPC).
- Motivate the people around you, pushing them to achieve more than expected through execution excellence
- Previously held a formal EM title, or otherwise have managed engineers.
- Passionate about clean code architecture and software craftsmanship.
- A drive for finding simple solutions to complex problems.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.