If you love thinking about how to build the best user experiences for customers and innovation is your forte, come chat with us. Amazon Flex (flex.amazon.com) is the solution that collaborates with third-party delivery partners to complete all of Amazon Prime Now delivery orders. Our Amazon Flex application works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and technology. These technologies allow delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation, and more. Our ability to engage with, support and provide a world-class experience to both customers and our delivery providers has become more critical as we continue to expand the number of active delivery providers.
Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love listening to customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. The successful candidate is expected to be a hands-on front-end engineer who understands and sets a high bar for thinking big and building innovative and intuitive user experiences for delivery partners. You will have influence on front-end design and help build a team culture around practices that are critical to a best in class customer facing quality product.
Come join the team and help us make history!
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 2+ years of professional front-end development.
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, and Node
· Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as ReactJS.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
· 5+ years of professional front end development.
· Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
· Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design pattern.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
· Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.