The John Howard Society of Durham Region (JHSD): We are a non-profit, social service agency dedicated to serving all individuals, families, youth and adults in programs in areas such as Community Justice, Employment and Training and Housing/ Residential Services.
We thank you for your interest in obtaining employment with the John Howard Society of Durham Region. John Howard Society of Durham is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Recognizing the intrinsic worth and dignity of every human being, the John Howard Society is committed to uphold the principles set out in the Human Rights Code of Ontario and the Canadian Human Rights Act. This commitment is expressed in the following undertaking:
(1) The Society shall provide services within its mandate to every individual without discrimination, regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national ancestry, colour, creed, language, religion, marital status, family status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, abilities, economic status, political affiliation or criminal record.
(2) The Society shall maintain such personnel policies and practices as are consistent with the tenets of the Human Rights Codes of Ontario, the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
(3) The Society, through its employees, shall deal with representatives of the community in a responsive manner, with courtesy, respect, and without prejudice and discrimination.
“We envision a Durham Region where everyone contributes to a safe, healthy and just community.”
“To reduce the impact of crime and its causes by providing a spectrum of effective prevention and intervention programs.”
The Sex Trade Housing Support program is designed improve the capacity of individuals and families who are involved in or affected by the sex trade to maintain long term housing stability through voluntary, coordinated and unique individual and group-focused support services to increase their social supports, life skills and their employability.
Through Sex Trade Housing Support Worker will actively engage this population to participate in services through community outreach, relationship building and linking and referring individuals to services of their choosing.
Scope Full Time FIXED TERM to February 28, 2022
Must be able to work at JHS Durham multi site locations in Durham Region
Must be able to work onsite and remotely as required
Must be able to adhere to all JHS Durham Policies
Start Date: As soon as possible
- All Employees wear PPE
- All Employee and service users complete a screening daily
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing routines
CLOSING DATE: EXTENDED
The ideal candidate will able to be contribute their education and anti-oppressive practices while working with SERVICE USERS who face issues related to:
Updated August 3, 2021