Position Summary...The Vision Centre Manager is responsible for all day-to-day activities affecting the people, operations and merchandise within Division 30. The Vision Centre Manager must also see that the Vision Centre operates according to
Requisition ID: 104039 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. About the roleThe Growth Client Relationship Manager (CRM) contributes to the overall success
Community & Employer Engagement Manager Salary Range: Competitive with comprehensive benefits packageHours of Work: 36 per week Days of Work: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 4:42pmDays Off: Saturday, SundayDate Posted: April 21st,
Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
Why our Kamloops office rocks
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
The Intermediate Accountant delivers professional services and financial solutions to the organization. This role ensures that policies, programs, services and strategies are developed and implemented in an ongoing and consistent manner. The Intermediate Accountant will act as a consultative partner by providing expertise and analysis to internal and external stakeholders to BCLC to enable the business to deliver operational functions efficiently and effectively. Individuals in this position may also be responsible for some financial systems work including systems maintenance, financial reporting/training, and testing and implementation of changes.
The Intermediate Accountant will perform all or some of the following duties: See additional details below for information about duties in specific areas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• First-level review of work done by accounting technicians;
• Provide assistance, ongoing support and training to accounting technicians;
• Training and orientation of new staff members (in conjunction with other subject matter experts and departmental management);
• Systems, process, and quality reviews with consideration of valid internal controls;
• Department-specific financial and systems analysis and trouble-shooting;
• Completion of complex reconciliations;
• Development of appropriate inter-system balancing processes;
• Analysis of departmental processes, including the identification of process improvements, as well as the development of solution options and recommendations;
• Ensure for appropriate and timely document management;
• General accounting and variance analysis.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
• Completion of university degree in accounting or equivalent progress in a recognized professional accounting designation;
• In active pursuit of either the Canadian Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or the Advanced Certificate in Accounting & Finance (ACAF) designation;
• Minimum three to five years of progressively responsible accounting experience;
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with managers, employees and peers;
• Strong knowledge of principles of accounting with the ability to apply them in a practical way;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present comprehensive information in an easily understood manner. Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work within established deadlines and time constraints;
• Ability to act on own initiative, to exercise sound judgment An ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to be self-motivated, work independently, as well as being part of a team;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills, demonstrating innovation;
• Working knowledge of corporate financial systems (SAP, Connect) would be an asset;
• Strong computer skills – MS office suite;
• Strong attention to detail.
When working in Financial Reporting & Systems in this role:
• supports the year end audit through memo and checklist completion
• supports the business through accounting assessments
• assists in the management of the capital asset sub-ledger:
• asset creation and disposition;
• depreciation calculation and settlement;
• sub-ledger maintenance;
• compiles financial reports to meet regulatory reporting requirements
• assists with projections and support for capital planning and budgeting
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada