|Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.|
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Junior Mechanical Designer/Drafter
Type of position:Regular
Your role as a designer and drafter will be to contribute to projects involving mining processes and industrial piping and mechanics as well as for plant services such as water, steam, compressed air, industrial ventilation and building services. You will work jointly with our engineers, technicians and designers and will take care of layouts for our various projects.
· Create or update process flow diagrams (PFDs) as well as piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
· Participate in designing piping and 2D and 3D mechanical drawings under supervision from senior designers.
· Participate in improving dynamic block libraries and other internal tools.
· Apply BBA or client standards when drafting layouts, sketches, maps, graphics or diagrams from detailed drawings.
· Produce preliminary plans for buildings, equipment or sites from reference drawings or catalogs.
· Prepare simple diagrams, perform dimensional calculations and create final drawings based on simple diagrams of mechanical equipment.
· Interpret drawings, specifications and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
· Prepare various instrumentation and control drawings or diagrams (AutoCAD).
· Provide support to team engineers, technicians and drafters in completing more complex tasks.
· Ensure compliance of drawings and drawing standards.
· Correct drawings received for changes.
· When required, help prepare site surveys.
· Adaptable, resourceful and have initiative
· Strong communication and soft skills
· Strong ability to learn
· Rigour and attention to detail
· Ability to work with deadlines and manage pressure
· Ability to manage several projects at once
· Highly developed organization skills
· Strong people skills
· Aptitude for self-development
· Good team spirit and collaboration
· Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in building or industrial drafting or a Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in civil, industrial, mechanical or architectural engineering
· Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
· Proficiency with AutoCAD software
· Proficiency with MS Office suite
· Asset: Knowledge of Solidworks, SmartPlant, CADWorks or Revit software
· Asset: Bilingualism (English and French)
|BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.|