Artbooks is a specialized tax preparation organization that was launched more than 30 years ago in Toronto. We cater to clients from the arts and entrepreneurial communities, and pride ourselves in not only preparing their tax returns, but also
Are you an organized, bilingual and enthusiastic individual with strong administration skills who is looking for a challenging opportunity? Do you want to work for an organization where your contribution and innovation are encouraged and rewarded? If
Unboxed Market is a one-stop shop for all plastic-free and reduced-packaging purchases. As a store focused on always working towards zero waste, we work with producers and distributors to eliminate unnecessary packaging along the distribution chain.
COMPANY PROFILE Commercial Bakeries is an industry leader in the manufacturing of private label cookies. We provide our clients with the latest in cookie products, customized to meet the requirements of your target market. This includes Sandwich
As the Canadian Division of Stewart, one of the largest title insurers in the world, we provide residential and commercial title insurance, while offering comprehensive service, deep expertise and solutions to help our customers close their real
Permanent, full-time position We are the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) – Ontario's independent energy regulator. We work to ensure a sustainable, reliable energy sector that helps consumers get value from their natural gas and electricity services
The Legal Assistant within our Employment | Labour Department requires a unique blend of skills and experience. You must demonstrate strong technical skills and knowledge to accurately and efficiently manage the production demands of the Employment | Labour practice and also possess proven abilities to proactively support the management of the practice, including client relationship management. The position will require a polished, confident and reliable assistant who is able to manage multiple priorities. You are highly organized, discreet and have a client first approach to work. You are professional and possess a high degree of business maturity. Generally, the hours of work are from Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however due to the nature of this role, flexibility is required. Pre-authorized overtime may be required.
• Manage communications and correspondence by phone, voicemail, email, and mail
• Provide administrative support, including routine filing, faxing, photocopying, mail sorting, drafting correspondence, transcribing dictation, documentation, and assisting other team members as required
• Review, proof read, and prepare client and other business materials, including client documents, reports, memos, briefings, presentations, forms, and other items ensuring accuracy and completeness
• Arrange for service and filing of documents and related instructions to process servers / agents, and for periodic acceptance of service of documents
• Prepare and maintain a system for routine file review (bring-forward), diarizing court dates, meetings, and appointments
• Process incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts and managing materials for routine file review (bring forwards)
• Deal with and respond to client inquiries and conducting follow up, as required
• Manage files and records per the policy of the firm and maintaining precedent systems as may be required
• Manage calendars, schedule / arrange meetings, send invitations, and reminders
• Coordinate and arrange travel, including hotel, flight, and transportation reservations
• Submit business / travel expenses for reimbursement
• Draft and prepare correspondence, accounts, various court documents and forms
• Enter and maintain lawyers’ time entries and coordinate with Accounting Department as required
• Manage, maintain, and update contacts, client files and client / matter lists
• Arrange couriers and deliveries ensuring time-sensitive materials are received on time
• Actively support the Legal Support Team in accordance with the firm’s standards and best practices
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary education in Legal Administration and / or Law Clerk Diploma preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in a legal environment with exposure to Litigation or Employment | Labour law
• Sound understanding of court procedures and the HRTO Rules
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Passion for working in a team environment, willing to help others and comfortable with sharing work assignments
• Attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy are required; proven ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work under tight timelines
• Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Minimum 60 wpm typing speed
• Experience transcribing dictation
• Knowledge of accounting / time entry systems and document management systems (Elite and iManage)
• Excellent organizational and follow up skills; ability to exercise sound judgment in setting priorities
• A high-level of discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality
• Professional client and telephone manner and a proven track record of working with confidential information
• Able to work independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Must have excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to work with little instruction
• Professionalism demonstrated with colleagues and clients, both in person and by phone
• Responsive and proactive
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.