Reporting to the Manager, Legal Support Services, the legal assistant will provide administrative and legal support to the lawyers of his or her team and occasionally to other professionals of the Firm. We are looking for someone who is fluent in English and French, who is proactive and whose thoroughness, organizational skills and ability to prioritize are outstanding.
• Draft, transcribe, revise and format various administrative and legal documents, making sure they are compliant with legal procedures and Firm standards and that they contain no grammar mistakes;
• Ensure the coordination and follow-up of files;
• Validate deadlines for judicial and administrative procedures and accomplish the necessary work to initiate and coordinate the procedures, including making the necessary follow-ups;
• Answer phone calls and manage electronic and regular correspondence;
• Open and update files and take care of daily filing;
• Organize meetings and coordinate all aspects of meetings when needed;
• Prepare time entries and expense accounts;
• Make travel arrangements (transport and hotel) when needed; and
• Perform any other tasks assigned.
• Diploma of vocational studies or college diploma in Office automation (legal option), or any other education with relevant professional experience.
• At least five (5) years of experience in a similar position in a professional services setting.
• Knowledge of tax law (a strong asset);
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Fluency in French and English, both oral and written;
• Impeccable grammar in French and English;
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure;
• Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to prioritize;
• Versatility, ability to work independently and flexibility;
• Team player; and
• High level of discretion.
Workplace: Montréal – Downtown and teleworking
Contract Type: Permanent Position
Start Date: October 2021
Schedule: Full-time – Monday to Frid
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.