The Montreal Office of Dentons Canada currently has an opening for a full time legal translator for its Linguistic Services Department responsible for client work.
The incumbent will translate from English to French a wide range of documents pertaining to various areas of commercial law, mainly disclosure documents required under the securities legislation and most standard forms of contracts, as well as complex technical documents, relating, for example, to mining, oil and gas, information technologies and telecommunications.
• Excellent command of both French and English (written and oral)
• Bachelors’ degree in translation or the equivalent
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in translation, ideally in a professional services environment
• Good computer skills and knowledge of translation tools
• Team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage priorities
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Attention to detail and quality
• Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Professional conduct at all times
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.