Level 1 – Maintenance Labourer
The Level 1 – Maintenance Labourer position, under the supervision and direction of the Maintenance Supervisor assist Millwrights and Maintenance Mechanics in day to day maintenance activities.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
· Maintain systems to track, report, document and assist with scheduled preventative maintenance.
· Record coolant refractometer readings, top up machine oils, and record usage.
· Manage oil and coolant inventories.
· Housekeeping of storage area for fluids.
· Operate forklift and floor scrubber.
· Maintain equipment in a safe and clean manner.
· Ability to use CMMS (computerized maintenance and manufacturing system).
· Ensure compliance of maintenance instruction sheets and procedures.
· Attend maintenance daily meeting.
· Measure various physical properties using common measuring tools such as rulers, tapes, thermometers and scales.
· Evaluate condition of parts and equipment.
· Assess the safety of work environments.
· High School Diploma or equivalent general education.
· Minimum one year experience in manufacturing.
· Able to observe warning signs, such as scan phrases and icons on caution and warning signs to identify hazards in work areas.
· Use computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining, such as AutoCAD.
· Perform tasks independently under direct supervision.
· Able to work in a team setting when necessary to install and overhaul larger pieces of equipment and complete industrial systems.
· Maintain continuous learning by reading manuals and bulletins.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.