Grow your career with us!
Licensed Practical Nurse - Pediatrics Overnights
With the support of experienced colleagues and nursing leaders, at CBI Health you will be empowered to play a pivotal role to help clients and their families live their best lives in a variety of community settings.
Every day will be different! You may be required to perform a variety of clinical skills such as wound care, IV therapy, palliative care, tube feeding and medication administration, as well as health teaching.
We value clinical excellence and are dedicated to supporting clinical best practices; your nursing practice will allow you to focus one on one with your patient in their own home or in a local nursing clinic.
We offer a full suite of tools and training to make service delivery both safe and effective. A leader in delivering virtual care in home health, our approach incorporates the use of secure technology to effectively connect with your clients and their caregivers when virtual care is the best option.
At CBI Health, we’re committed to supporting our team members because we know that when we invest in you, you thrive. And when you thrive, so do our clients and the communities in which we all live and work. We are excited about the contribution you will bring to our team in making this happen!
Here’s a look at our total rewards:
What you will need to be successful
As a Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse, your responsibilities may include:
- Tracheostomy care and suctioning
- G-tube management
- Medication Administration
- Oxygen & Humidity Therapy
- Providing personal care to children proactively and with compassion
To take on the role of Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse, you must have:
- Current registration in good standing with the CLPNA
- Current CPR-Provider certification
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months and Intervention Record Check.
- Completion of 3 day Care of Children with Complex Needs course (provided by employer)
- Evidence of a negative TB test within the last 12 months and an up-to-date Immunization Record.
- Availability to work days, evening and overnight awake visits including every other weekend
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Previous child care experience is an asset
When you join our team as a Field LPN you’ll belong to one of Canada’s leaders in the healthcare industry, with 250 locations across the country. As one of the largest healthcare networks in Canada, we’re proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member and Canada’s 10 Most Admired Company Cultures.
Join us at CBI Health - where we work together to make great things happen.