Categories Hospitality, Catering, Tourism, Trades, Technicians, Construction
Whitby, ON • Part time
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing a variety of work including the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds in assigned area(s). Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Maintains a friendly, efficient, positive customer service demeanor toward customers, clients, and co-workers.
• Adaptable to customer needs.
• Repairs various fixtures and hardware such as doors, windows, minor appliances, office equipment, etc.
• Inspects assigned area on a routine basis and performs maintenance as needed to keep facility in functioning and serviceable condition.
• Completes daily, weekly, or monthly checklists of pre-scheduled building and equipment maintenance procedures.
• Reports on any major maintenance need and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
• Demonstrates efficient and safe use of equipment and tools.
• Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence by adherence to component and departmental training commitments.
• Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Previous maintenance experience preferred
• Ability to follow basic safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks
• Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it’s been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
“You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada “
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.