With rapidly changing data threats, clients from all industries look to us for trusted solutions for their increasingly complex risks. You will have access to our robust platform to advise clients on managing data protection and privacy, enhancing maturity, and improving efficiency. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex data protection and privacy needs and contributing toward their business resilience.
We are actively seeking a Manager to join our Cybersecurity team specifically the Privacy and Data Trust specialty. You’ll work alongside respected industry professionals, learning about and applying leading practices to better manage people, processes and technology capabilities within the data protection and privacy domains. You’ll gain insights into the design and operations of privacy and data trust programs and strategies in a variety of industries and learn how to design measurable, sustainable programs to keep up with the constantly evolving privacy landscape.
This position falls within our Consulting practice, which helps our clients enhance the effectiveness of operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value driven, decision support and analytics.
Your key responsibilities
As a Cybersecurity, privacy and data trust manager you'll deliver and lead client engagements as well as internal projects. You will help clients gain insights into their privacy programs and capabilities to maintain compliance to local and global privacy regulations while building consumer trust. Consult with privacy and cyber managers to determine the role of IT systems in an organization. Research emerging technologies to determine if installing them can increase the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness and identify any potential impact in privacy. Advise clients on managing their privacy programs to mitigate their business risks. Assess privacy programs and strategies using our proprietary framework, design solutions to remediate gaps or enhance maturity of specific privacy capabilities, improve measurements and monitoring, and develop sustainable processes to enable our clients to achieve business goals and mitigate their risks. Train the systems’ end users and write instructions manuals.
Apply risk management principles to a data protection environment and leveraging cybersecurity and privacy frameworks / standards.
You will manage and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. You will be expected to consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress, demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. As a manager, you are also expected to maintain long-term client relationships and networks as well as cultivate business development opportunities
Skills and attributes for success
• Consistently deliver quality client services. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
• Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels.
• Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge.
• Possess good business acumen.
• Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
• Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex data processing systems. Use knowledge of the current data processing environment and industry trends to identify engagement and client service issues and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
• Contribute to people-related initiatives, including development, coaching, recruiting, training and retaining staff
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
To qualify for the role, you must have
• A Bachelor’s degree in Law or in Computer Science, Management Science, Information Security, Data, Business, Ethics or a related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Science, Data, Business, Ethics, Law, or a related field and 4 years of work experience.
• Knowledge and 5-7 years of hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas:
− Assessing client risk and compliance against privacy regulations.
− Designing or operationalizing functional privacy within or on behalf of a business.
− Providing support of privacy enhancing technology (PET).
• Expert knowledge and 5-7 years of practical experience with common frameworks, standards and methodologies used in the data protection and privacy field.
• Practical experience with conducting risk assessments and testing of data protection and privacy controls
• Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of data analytics methods
• Possession of at least one of the following certifications: CIPP (Canada), CIPM or CIPT (if you don’t have any of these designations, you must be eligible to obtain any of them within 90 days of hiring).
• Solid knowledge and experience presenting using MS Power Point, Excel and Visio.
• Solid oral and written communication skills.
• Experience on writing reports on findings and analysis of privacy issues.
• Experience on creating business requirements, designing specific controls, or creating process designs.
• Experience on developing problem-solving privacy issues by researching leading technology and existing regulations on various platforms.
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cybersecurity, data protection and privacy. If you have the confidence in both your presentation and technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2021 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it’s been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
“You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada “
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.