Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Mechanical Engineering Intern
Type of position: Trainee
Work location: Montreal
As a team member, you will be required to:
• Participate in analyzing various types of technical problems related to industrial mechanics and piping.
• Participate in small-scale multidisciplinary mandates as part of a work team comprised of engineers and technicians.
• Participate in carrying out study or detailed engineering mandates for clients with existing facilities or for those wanting to expand or build new facilities.
• Prepare plans and specifications based on guidelines for mechanical mandates.
• Make calculations.
• Prepare lists and bills of materials in accordance with codes, standards, drawings and other established methods while complying with the firm’s quality system requirements.
• Produce technical data sheets at client sites.
• Assist more experienced personnel with the technical aspects of complex tasks.
• Occasionally supervise contractors on site.
Work Schedule: 37.5
• Ability to learn quickly and be self-reliant
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Creative and innovative in providing solutions
• Team player
• University student in Mechanical Engineering
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite and other applications as well as databases and interfaces
• Available to travel occasionally between the Mont-Saint-Hilaire and Montréal offices
• Available for short-term (mandatory) and long-term (asset) assignments at client offices or sites in Québec and Canada.
• Asset: ASP Construction card
• Asset: Mechanical experience in the industrial, energy or mining sectors
• Asset: Bilingual, English / French