Requisition ID: 103640
Cost Centre: SCI/SMDI INFRASTRUCTURE PAYROLL
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Purpose of Job: The Client Solutions Manager is a subject matter expert on product knowledge including trading expertise and market mechanics, process, policy support, platforms and system functionality and is responsible for providing prompt, accurate and courteous assistance to Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) and Investment Representatives across both Call Centres. He/she is responsible for contributing to the overall success of Trading & Service, specifically in the areas of Client Satisfaction, Financials including business development opportunities, Operations (efficiency and effectiveness) and People (contributing to the knowledge levels of our staff).
The Client Solutions Manager is instrumental in helping both locations achieve first contact resolution and a high level of client satisfaction and is responsible for contributing to the growth of our client base in obtaining new business. He/she is also responsible for contributing to the education and ongoing development of CSRs/IRs, from a functional perspective.
1. Provide CSRs/IRs, clients and business line partners with a professional, courteous and positive experience as a member of the T&S Support Team on a consistent basis by:
• Following and demonstration iCARE (Commit, Adapt, Resolve, Empathize) attributes and the Client Experience Model (CEM). Discovering needs, providing knowledgeable, accurate information and solutions and following through on commitments.
• Continuous development and maintaining detailed knowledge and understanding of industry related information, SiT product and service offerings, all SiT platforms including WealthNet and Quick Agent.
• Exercise discretion within approved authority limits in correcting problems promptly and indefensibly i.e.: goodwill’s, fee waivers, TRAT, etc.
• Providing internal partners as required with account information and other necessary information to prepare and process corrections and adjustments to client accounts within authorized transaction limits i.e.: cancels & amends, intra days, etc.
• Recognize and appropriately actioning opportunities for business retention and or business development as you come across situations to further build the client relationship with SiT and or Bank.
• Actively and effectively respond to lengthy, or high profile, sensitive or complex service issues by taking over the call in high volumes or provide the agent with support/guidance and product expertise enabling him/her to successfully respond to the customer inquiry
• Taking inbound and outbound escalation requests from our clients and provide appropriate resolution.
• He/She will be responsible to provide written responses to formal escalations.
2. Contributes to the maximization of the Contact Centre efficiency by:
• Effectively managing the workload, staying available and ready to receive inbound escalation calls.
• Be available to assist with trading overrides
• Providing training and coaching to representative as needed.
• Be available to assist on phones during peak volumes
• Accurately and effectively document and track all inquiries coming through to identify and trend knowledge gaps for future training or skill builds and coaching opportunities for Managers Client Solutions to deliver to their teams.
• Be able to coach staffs that call Support team to locate the correct information on WN or Quick Agent with confidence in the future, and identify any outdated or missing information to the SiT Communication team for update.
• Being organized and maintain the necessary pending files (case queues) for the areas of responsibility including the regular review and count of items outstanding
• Acting as a liaison coordinating with various areas (i.e.: branch, third party service providers, etc.) as required to fully satisfy client issues in a timely fashion
• Assuming responsibility for up-selling, cross-selling, resolving objections, presenting knowledgeable solutions. Recognizing quality referral opportunities and following through
• When appropriate, be able to facilitate and share knowledge in the New Hire Training program.
• Take on projects as assigned by Sr. Mgr. Client Solutions – Support, i.e.:
o Time sensitive call outs
o Client cases follow up, status update calls
o Projects that will result in improving our service or phone metrics
3. Maintain strict adherence to Bank Guidelines for Business Conduct and security procedures with respect to assigned authorities and responsibilities; reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity to a Sr. Mgr. promptly. Achieve and maintain required service level standards (i.e. adherence, customer commitment, time, readiness) by:
• Contributing to optimal efficiency of the Centre by ensuring productivity goals are attained
• Minimizing risk and losses by knowing and adhering to Scotiabank’s policy, procedures and key controls
• Adhering to all company/department policies, procedures and audit requirements
• Processing customer requests (inquiries, transactions, case work) in a timely and efficient manner
• Rearranges/prioritizes workload to adhere to prescribed telephone coverage and set off phone timeframes to ensure that service standards are met at all times
• Adherence to Scotiabank’s policies and procedures, general compliance (e.g. KYC,AML, and Privacy Laws), and any supplemental guidelines or codes of conduct applicable to SiT.
• Maintain IIROC licensing and supervisory approval in good standing at all times
4. Participate actively in team activities/initiatives and take responsibility for self learning and development by:
• Learning and embracing new procedures, technologies, and processes to maintain subject matter expertise knowledge
• Demonstrating leadership with CSRs/IRs and clients, setting high standards for client service and Professionalism
• Participating in and supporting change initiatives for T&S and SiT.
• Contributing to effective team morale and employee relations through positive interaction with team members
• Taking ownership of his/her Personal Development Plan, working with the manager in the identification of skills, behaviours, and competencies required to achieve goals
• Post-secondary education in business and or other related discipline is preferred.
• Industry course minimum requirements include:
o Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
o Conduct and Practice Handbook (CPH)
o Derivatives Fundamentals and Options Licensing (DFOL)
To be successful in this position, the incumbent requires the following skills:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated competencies to lead and motivate staff with an eagerness to contribute to the success of others through coaching and support
• 3-7yrs brokerage industry experience
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• Subject matter expert spanning the full range of trading and market mechanics including options trading, products & services offered, processes, platforms, all systems including WealthNet, and the ability to support and guide staff in the effective use of these tools
• Demonstrated coaching experience is an asset
• Demonstrated excellence using iCARE attributes and CEM, and a track record of consistent success achieving financial results
• Display the ability to have strong multi-tasking capabilities
• Strong organizational and prioritizing skills to meet timelines
• Demonstrate strong, creative problem solving and analytical abilities
• High degree of flexibility required to adapt to wide variety of tasks and functions and the ability to work in a fast –paced, dynamic environment
• Strong knowledge of technology used to support trading and service functions is an asset
• Bilingual French/English or Cantonese & Mandarin/English is considered an asset
Location(s): Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.