Ready to make a difference? Join our team!
Intervenors make a difference everyday in the lives of people with deafblindness. At DeafBlind Ontario Services, an individualized approach empowers each person we support to achieve as much independence as possible.
WHO WE ARE
We believe in endless possibilities.
Founded in 1989, DeafBlind Ontario Services is a not-for-profit organization that helps individuals with deafblindness increase their independence and improve their quality of life through specialized services. With programs across the province, our services extend into a wide range of communities in Ontario.
• Passionate - you embrace challenges and opportunities with energy and enthusiasm;
• Collaborative - you are willing to learn and teach, because together we are better;
• Resilient - you learn, persevere, and grow from setbacks and challenges;
• Lifelong Learner - you are willing to be trained and committed to ongoing learning;
• You believe that one person can make a difference.
• Foster independence through a holistic and person-centered approach of “do with, not for”;
• Connect the person with deafblindness to the world around them as a communication partner;
• Reinforce concepts and teach new skills to empower the people we support to thrive;
• Provide daily personal-care, such as lifts and transfers, toileting, hygiene, etc., as well as administer medication and maintain accurate records;
• Encourage each person supported to actively participate in their community, leading to a better sense of social connectedness.
WHY WORK WITH US
At DeafBlind Ontario Services, we want you to be your best. We provide a collaborative culture, supportive environment, open communication, and commitment to your personal and professional development.
• Create and provide unique opportunities for growth, extensive training for new employees, and ongoing learning;
• Celebrate and recognize our valued employees through an Employee Recognition Program;
• Motivate and encourage one-another, as well as the people we support, to achieve our goals and dreams;
• Believe that compensation is more than paid wages. We offer our team members an employer sponsored Group RRSP, a comprehensive benefits plan, as well as competitive vacation time and personal emergency leave.
Make a difference in the life of someone with deafblindness. Discover the difference it will make in you.
Start your career with DeafBlind Ontario Services today.
DeafBlind Ontario Services is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities. To receive this job posting in an alternative format or if you require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the HR Generalist.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.