Preventive Maintenance Technician
This position is accountable for testing and inspection functions as well as the replacement of devices and bulbs and while performing the Preventive Maintenance Agreement (PMA). Trouble shoot ground faults and minor wiring issues on previously installed systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance. In addition, the position will be required to assist in projects under the supervision of a CET or PMT II. Rotation in assisting in projects will be by seniority.
A PMT can do inspection of all systems, emergency and exit lighting, extinguisher and monitoring systems, fix alarm batteries and replace fire alarm modules, including C.P.U. based panels, input and output modules only, but excluding programming and verifications.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Perform, with minimum supervision, PMA, repairs as within the scope of the Accountability Objective, and related duties as directed.
- Perform repairs necessary to complete PMA except as excluded in Accountability Objectives.
- Perform other areas of work as required, i.e. emergency lighting, extinguishers, etc.
- Assist in other areas as assigned.
- Prepare and submit timely accurate and neat reports showing all pertinent information which completely documents the work performed.
- Analyze and report to supervisor, any problems that occur while performing duties.
- Ensure the most productive use of time by regularly communicating with their service coordinator when a job is completed.
- Responsible for independently developing knowledge of Company products by reading and understanding service and/or technical bulletins or other material provided and developing technical knowledge which, at time, will be provided through instructor lead training.
- Maintain and update all related drawings, schematics, and service bulletins issued.
- Maintain a constantly up-to-date, neat and orderly parts inventory in service vehicle.
- Strive to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction as well as suggesting to the customer whenever offered the opportunity, other products and services provided by the company.
- Submit to the Company (i.e. local branch office supervisor and/or salesperson) any suggestions that might assist in increasing productivity and/or quality of work, or permit possible product modifications or redesigns.
- Be responsible for adhering to scheduled maintenance and safe operation of the Company vehicle as well as maintaining the interior and exterior of the Company vehicle in a clean and tidy condition.
- Acting accordingly in a safe and responsible manner and follow established safe working procedures and report all unsafe acts, hazards and/or accidents to the appropriate persons.
- Maintain Company equipment and tools in good working order.
- High School Diploma
- Two (2) year community college graduate in electronics, and/or equivalent work experience
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills