Our team is currently looking for a Preventive Maintenance Technician (II) to join their Victoria, BC team. In this role, the successful candidate will be accountable for performing limited types of service work and will be required to assist on major projects, under the supervision and assistance from a Troy Certified Service Technician.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
• Perform PMA, verifications, repairs, modifications, troubleshooting, training and related duties as directed on all systems excluding the programming and verification of 4010 (networked),4100 systems, and all 4010 and larger networked systems
• Operate a laptop computer and download software to small microprocessor-based systems
• Make programming changes (excluding 4010 (networked),4100 systems, and all 4010 and larger networked systems)
• Perform other areas of work as required, i.e. emergency lighting, extinguishers, renovation, etc.
• Train entry level PMT service technicians and, where falling within the PMTII technician’s abilities, customers on the job site as requested
• Assist in other areas as assigned
Employees who are electricians may perform work that would normally be subcontracted to an electrician provided they are not expected to do work for which they cannot obtain a permit
• High School Diploma
• Two (2) year community college graduate in electronics, and/or equivalent work experience
• Good communication skills
• Good computer skills
Please note, if qualifications of applicants do not meet the above criteria, consideration will be made for candidates at the entry/PMT I
level and rate. If we receive applicants who exceed the above criteria, we may consider applicants at the TCST level/rate if they
meet the following criteria:
• The TCST must be able to provide training to PMT and PMTII technicians as required.
• Perform system verifications on all size projects.
• Perform inspections and troubleshooting on all life safety systems.
• Perform and assist in the preparation of system modifications.
• Keep current through Company training with all applicable legislated codes and standards.
• Must be able to program and verify life safety systems
• Factory trained in Programming in Simplex 4100 and/or EST3 is required