Job Description - Principal Biostatistician (21003909)
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Serves as a statistical department resource, mentors biostatisticians on job skills, and oversees or develops training plans or materials for Biostatistics associates. Conducts training sessions, or otherwise trains new hires and enhance the skills of existing personnel.
• Directs the activities of other biostatistics personnel on assigned projects to ensure timely completion of high quality work. Provides independent review of project work produced by other biostatisticians in the department.
• Provides support across all statistical tasks during the lifecycle of the project, from protocol to CSR.
• Prepares or oversees the preparation of Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs), including development of well-presented mock-up displays for tables, listings, and figures. Collaborates with sponsor, if required.
• May be responsible as Lead Biostatician for the statistical aspects of the protocol, generation of randomization schedule, and input to the clinical study report.
• Creates or reviews programming specifications for analysis datasets, tables, listings, and figures.
• Reviews SAS annotated case report forms (CRFs), database design, and other study documentation to ensure protocol criteria are met and all data is captured as required to support a high quality database and the planned analysis.
• Implements company objectives, and creates alternative solutions to address business and operational challenges.
• As biostatistics representative on project teams, interfaces with other departmental project team representatives
• Preparing in advance for internal meetings, contributing ideas, and demonstrating respect for opinions of others.
• Conducts and participates in verification and quality control of project deliverables, ensuring that output meets the expected results and is consistent with analysis described in the SAP and specifications.
• May lead complex or multiple projects (e.g. submissions, integrated analyses), and attend regulatory agency meetings or responds to questions, as needed, to support the statistical analysis results of clinical trials on behalf of the sponsor.
• Manages scheduling and time constraints across multiple projects, sets goals based on priorities from management, discusses time estimates for completion of study related activities with biostatistics management, adapts to timeline or priority changes by reorganizing daily workload, and proactively communicates to biostatistics management any difficulties with meeting these timelines.
• Monitors progress on study activities against agreed upon milestones and ensures the study timelines for project deliverables are met. Identifies out of scope tasks and escalates to management.
• Provides statistical programming support as needed.
• May participate in Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) and/or Data Monitoring Committee (DMC) activities, including charter development and serving as an independent non-voting biostatistician. May serve as a voting statistician on DSMBs and/or DMCs.
• Provides input and reviews, and subsequently follows applicable SOPs, WIs, and relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. ICH).
• Maintains well organized, complete, and up-to-date project documentation, and verification/quality control documents and programs; ensuring inspection readiness.
• Displays willingness to work with others and assists with projects and initiatives as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
• Prepares in advance for internal meetings, contributes ideas, and demonstrates respect for opinions of others
• Supports business development activities by contributing to proposals, budgets, and attending sponsor bid defense meetings.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
• Minimal travel may be required.
What we’re looking for
• Graduate degree in biostatistics or related discipline.
• Extensive experience in clinical trials or an equivalent combination of education and experience, demonstrated by the ability to lead multiple projects and programs of studies.
• Proficiency in programming.
• Ability to apply extensive knowledge of statistical design, analysis, relevant regulatory guidelines, and programming techniques utilized in clinical research and to effectively communicate statistical concepts.
• Experience across all statistical tasks required to support clinical trials during the lifecycle of the project, from protocol to CSR.
• Experience with regulatory submissions preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
This job excludes Colorado applicants
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
:North America - USA-N-Carolina-Home-Based
:North America - US Home-Based, North America - CAN-Home-Based
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it’s been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
“You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada “
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.