Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
We are currently seeking a Project Controls Specialist. In that capacity, your role will consist of preparing and monitoring projects costs and schedules.
· Develop and update schedules for all project phases: engineering, procurement, logistics, construction and commissioning;
· Plan, organize and monitor the project using tools like Primavera P6 and Prism G2;
· Develop resource loaded schedules from project plans, updating progress throughout the project execution
· Analyze the critical path, risks and opportunities and prepare recommendations for the Project or Study Manager;
· Generate progress reports and performance indicator production (Earned Value, SPI, CPI, etc.);
· Consolidate cost and schedule information from various sources to facilitate the monthly review of each project;
· Reviewing project performance and identifying trends in cost or schedule variances;
· Prepare reports and maintain the connection with Project Management regarding planning activities and project scheduling;
· Responsible to maintain the change management system in compliance with contract conditions and BBA procedures; monitor and enforce the change management system for assigned projects
· Maintain all planning and progress reports;
· Propose solutions to the Project Manager to correct identified gaps and schedules;
· Exercise independent judgement in selecting, filing, compiling and analyzing data from various sources;
· Carry out all other related tasks that could help deliver projects.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Adaptability to change
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
· Strong collaboration skills that enables you to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups
· Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) with at least 5 years of relevant experience in the industrial and/or mining sector or any other equivalent combination of studies and relevant experience
· Being detail-oriented is critical
· Knowledge of design and construction processes
· Very good knowledge of the MS Office Suite and Primavera P6