Quality Inspector I
The Quality Inspector I position, under direct supervision, is responsible for inspecting products and assisting with quality control audits testing and sampling raw materials and incoming products to ensure compliance with company standards. Additional responsibilities include carrying out diversified bench, first piece or floor inspections using simple inspection tools and devising ordinary gauging or measuring set-ups. In addition, may be responsible for approving products for distribution ensuring labeling meets company and governmental regulations.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
· First off inspection, receiving inspection, in process inspection.
· Final and Cell audits.
· Utilize manual gauging and operate CMM as needed.
· Inspecting incoming material mainly castings using high precision flexible bore scopes.
· Sorting of product based on visual aids.
· Completion of necessary forms and paperwork.
· All other assignments necessary to support the Production Cell.
· Read the standards guide/manual to avoid production errors.
· Ability to resolve conflicts and determine reasons for errors in products.
· Monitor operations to gather information in determining potential reasons for wastage.
· Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility’s geographic location and:
· ISO 14001: Environmental Management system standard.
· ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety.
· High School Diploma or equivalent general education.
· Machining experience and knowledge in castings and casting processes an asset.
· Knowledge of S.P.C. i.e. Histograms, X and R charts, C.P.K.
· Able to read blueprints and interpret engineering drawings in addition to GDT.
· Ability to read and understand company procedure manuals.
· Able to use measuring equipment effectively, micrometers, verniers, height and bore gauges.
· Familiarity with TS-16949 standards considered an asset.
· Use computer applications such as computer-controlled equipment in plant to monitor quality control.
· Ability to work independently, coordinating work with work of others (i.e. operators, supervisors) as needed.
· Maintain continuous learning in order to keep up with new developments in field.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Skyjack supplies construction rental companies globally with quality engineered, simple, and reliable access and telehandler equipment. Initially started as a scissor lift manufacturer in 1985, and has grown to become a world leader in the general Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) industry.
As a dominant player in a consistently evolving industry, Skyjack employees thrive on absorbing new information and have a thirst for continuous improvement in their professional selves. In 2002 Skyjack became a part of the Linamar Corporation and has since been able to leverage strategic partnerships and use the guidance of their parent company to rapidly change the face of the access industry.
Every aspect of the company is deeply rooted in Skyjacks safety initiatives as this can be an extremely challenging industry. Skyjack prides itself on being simply reliable and easy to do business with. This mission extends to the relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees.
Linamar Corporation encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will reasonably accommodate applicants throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process upon request.