Do you enjoy working outdoors in a fast-paced, safety obsessed aviation environment?
ATS is an aviation services company operating in more than 50 cities across North America. We employ over 3,000 people servicing nearly 200 airline customers every day! Our aviation roots span 45 years and our strong reputation in ground services and hospitality are the foundation of our success. We are committed to providing the highest level of quality service and continuing our track record of outstanding safety. As we continue to grow, we are looking for only the best in the industry.
Then a career at ATS as a Ramp Supervisor is the job for you!
Roles and responsibilities:
• Supervise and direct the work of ramp team members as they unload/load and service aircraft for your assigned shift and/or zone
• Manage ramp manpower to ensure adequate staffing for your assigned shift
• Serve as point person for customers and management to minimize or eliminate potential delays
• Observe and enforce all ATS and Airline safety regulations as well as company policies
• Assure that all GSE maintenance procedures are assigned and completed on each shift
• Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous materials identification labels, aircraft loading manifest and log flight information for billing purposes
• Assist with all ramp team duties (safety walks, baggage/cargo handling, aircraft servicing, safely operating GSE around aircraft, etc.) as needed
• Have a minimum of one year’s progressive aviation ground handling experience.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills to interact professionally with team members and station leadership
• Demonstrate familiarity with GSE maintenance procedures
• Be at least 18 years of age, and possess a high school diploma, GED or work experience equivalent
• Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Be able to pass a drug screen and obtain airport security clearance which includes a 10-year extensive employment, criminal record and residence background check
• Lift up to 70 pounds (32 kg) on a regular basis
• Carry heavy items up and down stairs
• Climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods
• Work outside in all types of weather, around jet and machinery noises
Airlines are 24/7, so we need our team members to be flexible to work various shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. The successful ATS team member brings their “A” game every day with energy and enthusiasm, respect for their team, and the highest regard for safety!