Scope of Position
Under the direction of the Director, Business Development, the Retail Loan Administrator works with Business Development Officers and Credit Officers to provide effective “Service & Fulfillment” support for Alterna’s Business Development internal staff. In addition the Loan Administrator will be responsible for departmental sales and regulatory reporting for the brokered mortgage division, identifying and recognizing trends that management will be able to use for forecasting and planning.
The Retail Loans Administrator will support the team with problem solving and troubleshooting tasks allowing the BDO and Adjudication team to focus on other areas of accountability including risk assessment and sales. This troubleshooting will include but is not limited to support in transaction and portfolio administrative matters as well as member service issues.
· Post-secondary education in a related discipline such as business administration, accounting, finance, real estate appraisal or Para-legal studies
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a financial institution ideally in a retail or business development role focussed on Retail Lending
· Excellent Knowledge of Retail Mortgage Lending documentation and procedures, CMHC and GE programs
· Account management environment, with direct borrower/member contact, or with related experience
· Strong computer literacy, with Microsoft Word and Excel experience being essential