- Liaise with Trainers and Recruiters to ensure all required Driver Qualification, Training File and Medical File documentation is secured, complete, scanned into Beacon and filed accordingly in a timely and accurate manner when onboarding new drivers.
- Proactively review Beacon reports in order to manage upcoming expiry of qualifying, training, or medical documents requirements such as license renewal, School Bus Driver Improvement Course, First Aid, Medicals, Abstract, and Annual BTW Evaluations etc. so that no documentation is past due of requirement date.
- Ensure ongoing receipt of hard copy documents are uploaded to Beacon and then filed in a timely manner.
- Ensure only active driver files are kept on hand by reviewing employee status monthly.
- Monitor and provide reports to the STS/STM on a weekly basis regarding drivers with 2 or more accidents in a 24 month period, accident/injury trends,
- Assist in investigating driver behavior issues/ complaints received by the CSC.
- Ensure accuracy of Safety Award recipient list and order and receive appropriate awards for the CSC.
- Liaise with payroll/ Operations regarding driver status issues such as leave of absence, termination, new driver, lost time injury etc.
- Enter accident and injury information into Sedgewick and other platforms in a timely manner as required.
- Enter employee performance and training data into Compass in a timely manner to ensure integrity of information.
- Ensure Accident and Injury Investigation Forms are filled out completely and any required Post accident BTW evaluation or Accident Collision Review and Follow up documentation is complete and included in the accident/ injury file prior to filing.
- Assist in planning and supporting monthly safety meetings, Start up, SBDIC courses, First Aid and other driver and monitor training and events as required.
- Track and enter non-GPS mileage for monthly KPI reporting.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Must complete state certification program or Stock's Training Academy for school bus driver instructor. Equivalent work experience as a Trainer can be substituted as appropriate
- No preventable accidents in the past 36 and acceptable driving performance in the past 36 months is required
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and group presentation skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to provide direction, coaching and mentoring to employees while creating an environment that encourages and values input and feedback
- Ability to respond to unanticipated events to ensure excellence in customer service
- Ability to Investigate claims and incidents of questionable conduct, accidents etc.
- Computer literacy skills in word processing and spreadsheets