Burnaby, BC, CA, V5B 3B3
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Sanitation Supervisor and/or designate.
Keep assigned equipment and area clean and ready for the next day’s production. Know how to handle cleaning Chemicals safely with the use of protective Equipment. Follow safe work procedures and GMP regulations. Responsible for ensuring the proper safe and efficient operation of their duties as required. Adhere to the duty scheduled and follow supervisory instructions as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in accordance with G.M.P. (Good Manufacturing Practices) regulations.
- Conduct safe and efficient cleaning of equipment and supplies.
- Properly use and understand the limitations of cleaning compounds.
- Understand and adhere to M.S.D.S. and product labels.
- Crawl under, over and around equipment in order to clean
- Use of High pressure gun.
- Confined Space cleaning i.e. Silo and Oven
- Working in high place with Sky Jack or Ladder.
- Working in Pan Washer, loud noise and very hot moist heat.
- Working in heavy flour and dusty environment during general cleaning.
- Heavy lifting of waste dough is a must.
- Able to speak, read and write English and possess basic math skills.
- Must be able to understand scheduling process.
- Must be aware of the importance of the tasks to be performed (i.e. must understand importance of maintaining a clean and sanitary environment).
- Able to do physically demanding jobs (i.e. collecting and throwing away of garbage, sweep floors, damp mop floors etc.).
- Capable of lifting up to 36.5 kg (80 lbs.).
- Problem solving, analyse, and identify problem areas and recommend solutions.
- Must be willing to work all shifts.
- Must complete WHMIS training sessions successfully.
- Must have basic knowledge of microbiology.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be organised and have attention to detail.
- Must be able to work with a minimum supervision.
- Must be able to complete task in the assigned time.
- Adhere to the Collective Agreement.
- Able to work in a variety of work environment temperatures: heat from ovens and cold from freezers.
- Must be able to do repetitive, intensive labour and physically demanding work: lifting, bending.
- Must be willing and able to do job rotation.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.