Sector: Policy and Innovation
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $63418.82 to $79273.53
Position Status: Permanent Part Time
This position reports to the Housing Policy team in our Policy Division, which reports to the SVP of Policy and Innovation sector. This sector helps with housing affordability through evidence-based policy, research and disruptive innovation.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will provide business intelligence, research and analysis. You will help provide sound analysis and develop policy and program options as a member of a multidisciplinary team. You will contribute to shaping the housing system to function more effectively so everyone in Canada can meet their housing needs affordably.
What you will need
• Graduate degree from a recognized university in Economics, Public Policy or other related social sciences, or equivalent experience
• Three years of related experience or equivalent education
• Strong research, quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of Urban Economics and housing markets
• Knowledge of Land Use and/or Transportation planning
• Knowledge of land use planning and municipal development permitting processes
• Knowledge of property development processes
• Capacity to communicate in both official languages
What you will be doing
Research and Analysis
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and analysis to support housing market policy for discussion with all levels of government and senior management.
• Scan the internal and external operating environment for emerging housing policy and/or program issues and needs.
• Assess implications and provide advice on the evolving business context on CMHC and its policies and programs.
• Work with housing market data and urban planning models to support analysis and policy advice.
Briefings and Communication
• Collaborate with external partners to build data and modelling capacity and promote shared understanding of housing market issues
• Develop and provide relevant research materials, summaries and policy analyses to senior management, committees and task forces / working groups
• Develop presentations and briefing materials in support of internal and external communications and for various policy requests as required.
Policy Development and Support
• Provide input and advice that is well-aligned with CMHC and federal government priorities and emerging opportunities.
• Provide support to national, provincial/territorial, and regional policy users with interpretations, explanations and clarifications on policy options and authorities.
People Leadership (Human Relations Skills)
• Capacity to develop effective, trusted relationships with colleagues and external partners.
• Capacity to influence others in ways that lead to positive outcomes.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: June 4, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4603
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Occasional