Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and then operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
The ideal candidate is a “seller-doer” professional equally comfortable in leading technical projects and using his or her professional network of clients to solicit, prepare, and present proposals. This is a rare opportunity to directly contribute to the company’s growth and development. In your role as a Senior Engineer you will serve as technical leader for engineering mandates in automation, instrumentation and process control. As such, you may be asked to contribute to proposals, selection of technology and propose automation and controls solutions to clients.
The incumbent will carry out the following activities:
• Develop and maintain lasting client relationships • Network with client contacts to assess their needs and solicit request for proposals • Listen to and meet client expectations • Define the scope of projects and proposals • Lead projects by carrying out engineering, quality control and technical reports • Plan and coordinate work, from studies to commissioning • Develop technical documents and provide technical training in own field of expertise • Produce technical data sheets at client sites • Assign and review the work of junior engineers (engineers-in-training), technicians and drafters assigned to projects and assess technical scope • Get involved in commissioning • Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives. • Ensures that all direct reports adhere to and apply all health, safety and environment directives. • Meticulously carries out assigned roles and responsibilities in accordance with established health and safety directives.
• Prepare lists and bills of materials in accordance with codes, standards, drawings and other established methods while complying with the firm’s quality system requirements • Review analyses and deliverables produced by junior engineers (engineers-in-training), technicians and drafters • Produce technical data sheets • Plan, organize and determine client needs for new installations or expansions • Provide technical assistance at start-up and after project delivery • Participate in FATs
• Assume the responsibilities of project manager, which involves, among other responsibilities, ensuring that all assigned deliverables are produced in compliance with quality requirements, on time and on budget • Maintain synergy with the project team
• Interact with clients and provide technical support to the team in charge of business development • Hold a significant network of industry contacts • Establish and maintain client contacts • Establish client needs and identify new needs throughout the project • Lead the preparation of technical and commercial proposals
Work Schedule :
• Committed to the firm's success • Business acumen • Action oriented • Able to make quality decisions • Develop direct reports and others • Independent worker • Agile • Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
• Bachelor of Engineering in automated manufacturing, electrical engineering or other equivalent training • From 7 to 15 years of relevant experience • Member of a the PEO professional engineering association • Practical experience in the design of instrumentation and control systems (design criteria, network architecture, instrument selection, etc.) • Relevant experience in control system development and programming (SCADA, PLC, DCS) • Onsite experience and focus on work safety • Experience in troubleshooting, commissioning and system installation • Excellent technical writing skills • Available to occasionally travel to client locations and BBA offices as may be dictated by project needs • Available for short- and long-term assignments at client offices or sites • In addition, the following skills are considered assets: o Experience in a consulting engineering environment o Experience estimating costs, and preparing and presenting proposals o Experience in multidisciplinary design o Interest or relevant experience in automation/instrumentation; participation in detailed engineering on a mining and/or energy project
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it’s been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
“You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada “
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.