If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Advisor to join our team.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
1. Member Service: Builds strong relationships with current and potential members; identifies member life stage cycle and provides financial advice to members or refers to appropriate advisor. Manages an assigned portfolio of members through proactive regular contact, ensuring current and future needs are identified and met.
2. Member Transactions: Processes a full range of complex member transactions including, but not limited to: MFDA products and services; retail mortgages, personal and RRSP loans; opening personal or business accounts, debit/credit cards, Loc/overdraft protection, and related insurance products.
3. Branch Goals: Supports achievement of annual branch goals and objectives through proactive promotion of FW products and services, participation in branch campaigns, and actively seeks potential cross-sell and/or referral opportunities during interaction with members or general public. Achieves established annual sales and referral targets.
4. Branch Support: Mentors other branch employees in the understanding of lending and investment products and services; and provides advice and/or assists employees with member issues in management’s absence.
5. Other Duties as required by branch leadership.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
SFA certification (within 12-18 months) required
Mutual funds license required
PFP course preferred
2 years in a Financial Advisor role, or equivalent
Proven ability to conduct complex advisory, four quadrant conversations
Proficient in computer software e.g. Microsoft Office and banking software programs