Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Valuation Modelling & Economics Senior you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
EY has an established industry leading Strategy and Transactions Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior, you have the opportunity to work within our Valuation, Modelling & Economics (VME) team focused exclusively on Litigation Support. Our Litigation Support team provides valuation and damage quantification analysis in the context of mediations, arbitrations, trials and other litigious situations. Depending on the needs of other sub-service lines within EY's Strategy and Transactions practice, from time to time, you may be called upon to work in those sub-service lines. This position requires travel, as necessary.
Skills and attributes for success
• Assist with the preparation of damages and valuation reports
• Assist with the preparation of critique reports examining the conclusions of other experts
• Conduct economic and industry research
• Analyze financial and non-financial information, and report findings to other team members
• Develop valuation parameters and prepare financial models (i.e., discount rate and forecasts, etc.)
• Contribute to report writing
• Take an active role in marketing initiatives and events
• Communicate with clients and legal counsel
• Prepare for and attend hearings, trials and mediations
• Collaborate with the rest of the VME and Strategy and Transactions teams on other value-added engagements
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Ability to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to resolve complex problems
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
• Excellent listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated teamwork skills and responsibility towards engagement team members
• Commit to attaining a professional qualification such as CFA and/or CBV
Ideally, you’ll also have
• CPA, CA designation would be considered an asset
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Strategy and Transactions and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transactions and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it’s been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
“You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada “
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.