At BCLC, we play fair. We believe that playing fairly is a serious responsibility and an empowering opportunity. Our commitment to social, economic and environmental responsibility is central to all we do and captured in our slogan “Playing it Right”. From our LEED Metro Vancouver office, to our responsible gambling program, GameSense, we are committed to ensuring that we always consider the impact of our business on the people and communities of BC. At BCLC, we play for BC. We employ—directly and indirectly—almost 26,000 people in gambling operations, related government agencies and charities as well as support services.
At BCLC, we make it fun to be an adult. For more than 30 years, we’ve entertained customers with a chance to dream and have fun, while delivering revenue to the Government of BC for the benefit of British Columbians. During this time, we've evolved from a lottery corporation to a full-spectrum gambling entertainment company responsible for conducting, managing and operating lottery, casino, community gaming (bingo) and eGaming in BC. We strive to create outstanding gambling experiences and to have our games evolve with the player’s idea of excitement. For us, playing is not all about winning; it’s about entertainment.
Reporting to the Manager, Application Development, the role of the Senior Programmer Analyst is to deliver professional integration services and solutions. This role will focus on development within the BCLC Salesforce platform, proactively resolve complex technical issues, and use innovative thinking in the development and delivery of solutions and broader issues resolution. The Senior Programmer Analyst role acts as a consultative partner providing expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC, as well as external to the organization to enable the business to provide technical products and services efficiently and effectively.
• Performs development and analysis within a multivendor services environment. Focusing on solutions built within the BCLC Salesforce platform.
• Works with other technical resources as a member of an Agile Product Delivery Team.
• Collaborates with business and other IT personnel to integrate new requirements into software solutions.
• Works with vendors, and the business, as well as internal QA department on orchestrating testing and user acceptance.
• Delivers technical solutions to projects and reviews technical design documents from vendors.
• May act as a technical lead on key development projects.
• Works with architecture team members in the creation of technical requirements and specs.
• Collaborates with Sr. Systems Analyst, business and architecture group on the technology roadmap.
• Works closely with other technology groups to provide analysis, expertise and development on enterprise solutions.
• Provides application support of enterprise solutions.
• Provides estimating and expertise to business cases brought forth during business planning cycles.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• University degree or certification in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
• 3-5 years progressively more responsible experience in a programming/analysis environment, with at least three years at a programmer/analyst level;
• Experience developing multi-user solution within a large Salesforce Org;
• Experience working on large projects with high levels of integration;
• Experience with implementation and maintaining of large systems would be an asset;
• Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
• Salesforce Programming Knowledge: Lightning Component Framework, Apex, Visualforce;
• Other Programming languages: .Net Framework (including C#, ASP.NET), Java/J2EE, SQL, XML, HTML, would be an asset;
• Knowledge of Agile processes and ceremonies;
• Knowledge of Middleware: Tibco Businessworks, JMS, WebServices, SOAP, REST, would be an asset;
• Knowledge of Database: Microsoft SQL Server, would be an asset;
• Knowledge of Automation: Jenkins Pipeline, CICD, would be an asset;
• Knowledge of Containerization: OpenShift, Docker, would be an asset;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems, system administration, would be an asset;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
• Strong computer skills – MS office suite;
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.