Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
The ideal candidate is a professional equally comfortable in leading design projects and using his or her professional network of clients to generate requests for proposals, prepare and present proposals, and lead the execution of the work. We provide a collaborative work environment, an engaged and collegial workforce and work/life flexibility. This is a rare opportunity to develop your career and at the same time directly contribute to the company’s growth and development.
Candidates are expected to effectively execute the following duties:
• Lead engineering projects, design reviews and prepare technical reports
• Define the scope of projects and proposals
• Develop and maintain lasting client relationships
• Plan and coordinate work from studies to commissioning
• Maintain consistent delivery of high-quality technical documents (active planning, coordinating and managing)
• Maintain a highly motivated and value-focused team environment.
• Develop technical documents and provide technical training in this field of expertise
• Prepare detail engineering designs and technical specifications
• Assign and review the work of other team members assigned to projects and assess technical scope
• Ensures that all direct reports adhere to and apply all health, safety and environment directives.
• Meticulously carries out assigned roles and responsibilities in accordance with established health and safety directives.
Work Schedule: 40
• Honest and trustworthy; adheres to BBA ethics and values
• Ability to maintain positive peer relationships
• Committed to the firm's success
• Business acumen (internal/external entrepreneurship)
• Ability to develop direct reports and others
• Ability to influence senior contributors
• Ability to forecast work, end dates, and costs
• Ability to manage interdisciplinary teams and ensure a consistent basis across all disciplines;
• Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
• Over 15 years of experience in the heavy industrial market
• A registered Professional Engineer in Ontario – Mechanical or Structural
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
• Creativity and innovation when proposing solutions
• Fluency in English (written and spoken)
• Communication in French is not required but considered an asset
• Willingness to travel when required (approximately 10% of the time, mostly within Canada)
• Major asset: Established contact network within designated market
• Major asset: Technical skills in process development
• Strong Asset: Language abilities in Spanish, Portuguese