Location: Aurora, Ontario Department: Store Development Reports to: VP, Store Development & Real Estate Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week) Job Purpose The Deficiencies Coordinator's main purpose is to support the Project Managers
INDUSTRIAL MACHINERY TECHNICIAN INT Machinery Inc. 3240 Lenworth Drive, Mississauga, ON L4X 2G1 INT Machinery Inc., established in 2016 and headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario is a distributor of premium machinery and systems for a variety of
Permanent, full-time position If you're an innovative, strategic thinker and experienced manager with knowledge of current trends and developments in the Information Technology field, consider joining Peel Regional Police – one of Canada's most
TO Live has two 1-year full-time positions in its Operations department for enthusiastic, resourceful team players who thrive in a fast paced, hands-on environment in the role of "Project Manager – Capital Projects". Reporting to the Director of
Overview AIDS-Free World is a small, fearless group of social justice advocates who have been wielding our influence and relying on our insider UN experience since 2007 to focus the attention of global institutions on the "underlying causes" beneath
** This role can be done remotely from anywhere in Canada or the United States ** About Traction on Demand At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients,
Job ID: 8726
Deputy Project Director
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Ensure customer satisfaction
2. Ensure that the assigned projects are correctly planned and executed by the project team, to meet or overachieve sales, cost and schedule requirements as defined by the company, accountability for all assigned projects results
3. Implement effective contract and claim management in all projects to increase the contractual margin and protect the company against liability claims
4. Advise, mentor and guide the project organization in their mission and support them in cross functional interaction e.g. project staffing, material or external service requirements or resolving of critical situations directly with peers, superiors, GM
5. Support Project Managers in managing their customer interface and communication effectively, establish relationships to customer’s peer management and manage this to limit escalations to senior management
6. Ensure that staffing requirements and budget related to assigned staff is planned and competencies of assigned staff are actively managed in order to meet company and project needs.
7. Comply with reporting requirements as communicated
8. Reviews project tender proposals and plans to gain an understanding of the project requirements (time frame, budget, safety, quality, staffing, materials and equipment requirements) necessary to complete the project within the required time frame.
9. Develops an execution work plan that outlines staffing, materials, equipment, subcontracting, and other services that are necessary to deliver the project on time and within budget.
10. Responsible for ensuring start-up and project close-out and process and documentation.
11. Support the estimation process to provide input on strategy and production rates.
12. Leads all project activities to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with designs, budgets and schedules. Identify changes, conflicts and opportunities and implements the plan.
13. Company representative for the project and point person for communication with consultant, client, owner or owner’s representative.
14. Monitors and oversees the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project; confers with project staff to ensure that assigned duties and responsibility are performed per agreed upon expectations.
15. Monitors and oversees field operations, quality, productivity, progress, and safety of employees and subcontractors. Ensure Superintendent follows the work plan.
16. Oversees financial aspects of contracts.
17. Provides technical assistance and recommends construction methods and equipment.
18. Monitors and enforces safety programs.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Prepares written reports and/or updates (internal and external) for management, client, and project team, to ensure a clear understanding of project status.
• Trains, and manages performance of staff.
• Prepares and presents formal job update/status of project(s).
• Interface with regulatory authorities
• Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related field of study such as Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management.
• A minimum of 10 years recent related project management experience in a utility/heavy civil construction or maintenance environment, including a thorough knowledge of construction industry practices, methods, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities.
• Demonstrated experience applying knowledge of project controls (cost, schedule, change management, etc.), resource management, material management, contract management, subcontract management, safety, and quality.
• Track record of successfully planning and executing projects on schedule and within budget.
• Ability to apply, interpret and understand contract law and language
• Proficiency utilizing common business and construction applications such as Microsoft Office products, Hard Dollar, Explorer or JD Edwards software.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and abilities; applies innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Strong client relations, influencing skills and organizational skills.
• Strategic thinking
• Problem solving and negotiation skills
• Decisive decision maker
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.