Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
The Senior Specialist, Player Experience leads the development and execution of player development and retail marketing strategies to deliver on the Casino Business Unit’s objectives to develop new, light and casual players. This role works closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to better understand these market segments to develop marketing and player experience innovations to deliver on customers’ needs and support the long-term health and financial growth of the casino business.
• Leads the development and execution of player experience and retail marketing strategies to support new, light and casual players, including enhancing customer understanding, identifying opportunities to enhance player experiences and increasing frequency of player participation.
• Leads the development and continual evolution of a digital signage strategy to improve the effectiveness of the casino digital signage network.
• Initiates and leads research projects related to light and casual players and their casino experiences. Ensures key measurements and strategies are in place to measure implemented programs against objectives.
• Provides recommendations for new concept innovation to support player experience strategies within the four-walls of the casino. Ensures that player experience programs meet the needs of new, light and casual casino visitors.
• Proactively builds, develops, maintains and manages strong working relationships with internal and external clients to ensure successful development and execution of plans and initiatives.
• Leads collaboration with cross-functional teams to deliver on player experience and/or communications objectives e.g. Casino Product and BCLC Digital Enterprise Services team including CRM, Social Media, Digital Marketing, and Business Intelligence.
• Delivers marketing programs on budget and provides regular updates on spend, variance and program budget changes. Provides significant input into strategic business plans and product plans. Highly involved in forecasting financial resource and operational needs for expenditures and budgeting within the assigned portfolio and the department.
• Builds and maintain relationships with product vendors’ marketing teams and negotiates marketing co-funding opportunities.
• Provides mentorship and functional leadership to the Specialist, Player Communications.
• Interprets and applies corporate standards, policies and procedures to all marketing programs in order to gain public and stakeholder support of BCLC products and services.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
• A degree or diploma in a marketing or business discipline;
• 4-6 years current, related experience within a marketing environment;
• Experience in advertising, promotions, copywiting and retail marketing support;
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Broad understanding of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of marketing and program management;
• Solid marketing business acumen and demonstrated experience in strategic business planning;
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics as well as interpreting customer research findings to develop creative solutions;
• Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of marketing plans in complex, multi-stakeholder environments;
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and with close attention to detail;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally to influence business practices and build stakeholder support;
• Strong project management, time management, and multi-tasking skills;
• Highly self-motivated and ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
• Strong computer skills – MS Office.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.