Job Title: Service Coordinator
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Why join Minto?
Minto is an award-winning integrated real estate development, construction and property management company that has proudly created healthy communities and innovative places for people to live, work and play for over 60 years. Our business is comprised of four entities (Minto Communities Management Inc., Minto Communities Florida, Minto Properties Inc., Minto Group Corporate Office) with operations in major cities spanning across Canada and the United States. As we continue to evolve and grow, we believe in hiring the best people who are as committed to creating incredible experiences for our customers as we are. In turn, we offer incredible benefits and career growth for our employees including a competitive total rewards package, Minto Learning Centre courses, tuition reimbursement, flexible summer hours in many locations and much more. Join Minto to find out how you can be a part of it all!
The Service Coordinator provides best in class customer service to in all matters pertaining to the lease agreement, lease administration suite occupation and maintenance.
What you’ll be responsible for day to day:
• Prepare resident arrival and key package, in addition to ensuring smooth move-in and move-out coordination, booking elevators where applicable;
• Maintain resident database, which includes, processing changes to residents, co-tenants, occupants, guarantors, PAP conditions;
• Administration of, sublets, assignments, and termination notices;
• Processing of cash receipts and deposits on a timely basis;
• Create purchase requisitions for office supplies and other G&A expenditures for the property;
• Prepare resident accounts receivable reports, outlining and addressing any delinquent and/or past due payments, performs collection efforts on past due accounts;
• Prepares required forms and documentation in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act related to claims, collections, evictions, rent increases etc;
• Responds to resident requests, inquiries and concerns for matters which pertain to the lease agreement;
• Process maintenance requests and schedule accordingly
• Create purchase requistions, organize contractors and site staff as required
• May be responsible for coordinating party room rentals;
• Responds to resident concerns and inquiries promptly and courteously in a professional manner, informing management when applicable and if follow-up is required;
• Ensures that proper notice is given in advance of entering occupied suites and/or that the resident has authorized entry in advance;
• Prepare mass and individual resident communication, for example, upcoming events, repairs, changes to management, etc;
• Prepares renewal listings for review by revenue team and subsequently prepares renewal notices as directed;
• May be required to show suites to prospective residents;
• Use of the ERP system, SAP, to record information and perform job activities;
• Supports team goals, objectives, operations and strategy for properties outlined by management;
• Perform all facets of the job in accordance with the legislation applicable to the jurisdiction, including: Health and Safety standards, WHMIS, AODA, PIPEDA and Human Rights;
• Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
Who we’re looking for:
Education: A student in high school, college, or University
Experience: A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of relevant work experience is considered an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Customer focus
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Computer / Technology Proficiency
• Communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
• Ability to multi-task
• Problem Solving skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and Residential Lease Agreements would be an asset
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.