Snowboard Instructors – Level 1, 2 & 3
Mt Seymour requires enthusiastic, friendly and highly motivated instructors to join our team and share their passion for skiing with our guests. Mid-week availability preferred.
Our resort is located in North Vancouver, just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver and is known as Vancouver's place to learn to ski and ride. Our Snow School provides a fun and professional atmosphere in which to work with a culture of progression.
These are seasonal full-time and part-time positions, with extra work during peak operating periods.
Instructors are responsible for providing a great learning experience to our guests, a large proportion of whom are children.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Instructors are employed to teach guests to snowboard according to the standards of the Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors (CASI) in a safe and fun environment. Instructors are expected to behave in a professional manner at all times as they are dressed in uniform and are role models for all guests and staff.
- Compliance with all Mt Seymour policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Commitment to the Snow School Mission Statement and core values (Safety, Fun, and Learning)
- Teach snowboarding lessons according to the current CASI standards.
- Setup and fitting of rental gear for lesson participants.
- Maintenance and installation of terrain park features and safety equipment.
- Providing support and leadership to visiting groups and schools in outdoor programs.
- Responsible for safety of each guest in the instructor’s care (Duty of Care).
- Be knowledgeable of and teach the variety of lessons that Mt Seymour offers.
- Assist with the organizing of ski and snowboard lessons (aid time).
- Be knowledgeable of and teach the Alpine Responsibility Code.
- Check in and out every shift.
- Log all class and student information accurately on Snow School class cards.
- Enter all hours worked accurately into the payroll system.
- Issue progress cards (multi-day) or business cards (single day) for lessons when appropriate.
- To be knowledgeable of current equipment, technique and teaching methodology by attending regular instructor training.
- Be in constant communication with Supervisors, Lesson Desk, and co-workers.
- Other related duties as required (as related to other departments and aid time).
- CASI Level 1, 2 or 3 or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and guest services skills.
- Personable and helpful.
- Ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
If working for Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume, cover letter and copy of your certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the on-line application form.