Arobas Personnel is looking SOC analyst, level 3 for a mandate at one of our clients in Montreal. Day and night shifts are available.
* Manage daily customer change requests to their security infrastructure.
* Prepare changes on security equipment such as: firewalls; prevention, detection and intrusion systems; identity management and access equipment etc.
* Participate in the project implementation of new clients and services.
* Reviews and interpret security alerts in order to provide advanced security response/diagnostics, analysis and incident management.
* Based on the nature of the security threat, assesses and establishes mitigating steps to ensure appropriate treatment and ensures customer and management notifications as appropriate.
* Take proactive measures to manage all security perimeter equipment or associated components that may be interrupted or affected as a result of threats and vulnerabilities.
* Configure, implement, manage and maintain security devices and appliances as well as provide general knowledge and recommendations for security best practices.
* Develop documentation associated with production releases and maintain them.
* Adheres to strict security protocols associated with all levels in the management of security.
Qualifications / essential education:
* Completion of University or College program in Computer Science; or 5 years of equivalent industry experience in the information systems field.
* Knowledge of offensive and defensive security operational tactics and supporting SIRT tactics
* In depth knowledge of security equipment and applications (“hands-on”)
* Recognized experience in management, implementation and troubleshooting firewalls from multiple vendors.
* Recognized experience in the daily management and troubleshoot of intrusion, detection and prevention systems (IPS)
* Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting security solutions including authentication, authorization, encryption and audit capabilities as part of an overall system design.
* Experience translating complex and ambiguous problems into actionable components.
* Aptitude to work on multiple clients and security technologies.
* Capacity to work under pressure (essential during incidents).
* Excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
* Self starter with excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent communication skills in both English and French (written and spoken)
* Security Certifications of major suppliers. (“hands-on”)
* Experience with management security consoles. (Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco, Tufin, Fortinet, Mc Afee, Arcsight etc).
* Knowledge of operational tactical security and support of the tactical response teams in the event of an incident.
* Understanding of NIST, ISO 27001, ITIL, SAS70 (or 5970) and/or other compliance frameworks.
* Comprehension of security information event management systems (SIEM).