For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
|Job Title:||Senior Software Developer (Java)|
|Department:||External Facing Applications|
|Employment Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Location:||Moncton, Dartmouth, Montreal or Etobicoke|
What's in it for you?
What makes us a different kind of employer? In this role, we develop cutting edge Digital Health solutions for our members, partners, advisors, health care providers and group administrators. We are an in-house, innovation led, IT shop that is 300+ strong and growing!
Common goals and collaboration to deliver outstanding service is what our team is all about, we offer:
• A diverse team of colleagues with multiple fields of expertise
• A stimulating and flexible working environment
• Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
• Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
• An organization where we encourage personal learning, growth and giving back to our communities
Your every day with us
We believe that our technology should truly connect with people. To that end, we adapt systems and technology to human behaviour, with our clients at the center of all we do.
There is never an “every day” here and that is what keeps life here exciting. You will need to use strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication to have successful outcomes in your every day. You will also be using a balance of highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to software design & development activities. We have a team who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative development environment where business and technical experts collaborate to deliver the best digital health solutions that our clients have come to expect. Some of our solutions include:
• MAAX – The most advanced health benefit management solution in Canada – we are definitely proud
• Mobile – Leading edge cloud integrated mobile solutions for all our client needs
• Enterprise Analytics and Reporting – Always-on decision support and awareness
• Broad integration services and API’s serving our clients, partners and providers
What you need to succeed:
• 5 or more years experience building enterprise grade or web-scale software using Java and Open Source technologies
• You have earned a post-secondary diploma or degree and/or relevant working experience in business, technology or engineering
• Strong conceptualization ability, excellent ability to translate abstract ideas into working, high quality code
• Highly collaborative and capable of working in a fast paced and dynamic team environment
• Participating in design and code reviews with a focus on ensuring your solutions are high quality, secure, reliable and performant
• Strong collaboration skills demonstrated through the ability to work effectively with stakeholders, quality control analysts and security experts, as examples
• Support continuous improvement and adoption of best practices including Lean Agile, DevOps, Continuous Delivery Pipeline, and ITIL.
• Staying up to date with new technologies and suggesting feasible ways to make use of them through your advanced mentorship and knowledge sharing skills
You thrive in and environment that advances fast and continuously:
• Enterprise integration patterns using REST
• Containerization and Orchestration (Docker/Kubernetes)
• Public/Private cloud
• Continuous integration and delivery
• Build automation & deployment
• Agile practices and tools
• Quality control
• Operational excellence
• Feature driven development
• Cybersecurity and threat assessment
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.