At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:
We are looking for a Software Developer Intern who will work with our Software Development Team on improving web applications for our network management platform. You will be working as a member of a small team of developers in a fast-paced, agile environment. You will help accelerate our migration from our native technologies to the React.js frontend framework. Therefore a commitment to teamwork, creative problem-solving, fast thinking on your feet, and the ability to juggle several projects at once is essential. We welcome and encourage out-of-the-box thinking and the contribution of fresh and creative ideas.
What you will do:
· Enhance UX and UI by working with design lead and backend developers
· Identify performance and usability issues, and devise solutions to these problems
· Build web-based applications using C# .NET, React, SQL, and other tools
· Tackle problems out of your comfort zone and help out fellow developers
· Be proactive in looking for ways to improve the product and suggest new ideas
· Identify scope, effort and time required to complete various development tasks
· Participate in design and review meetings to decide on the future of the product
· Unit Testing of the features that you implement
What you will bring:
· You have some experience writing SQL stored procedures, and designing and building databases
· Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming
· Hands-on experience with debugging and error handling large applications
· Experience with Git Version control such as Azure DevOps
· Experience with SQL Management Studio
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 1 - 210 Cochrane DR(7735), Markham, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Software Development
Requisition ID: 279882
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology